TOMTOM Camper Raffle

Can we only use credits earned from today (22nd Sept)?

Can we only use credits earned from today (22nd Sept)?

No, you can use any credits you have earned on all future raffles.

Eventually, there will be:

• A daily 1 credit raffle for a piece of merchandise (mug, t-shirt, etc)
  • A weekly 10 credit raffle for a motorhome related item / gadget
  • A monthly 100 credit raffle for a bigger more expensive prize

thought we could use them to buy stuff from the shop?
Unfortunately, there are some legal issues with us giving away credits for posting that we then converting them to goods. It can be considered as payment for work as it is a reward for your efforts. So my accountant has suggested that it is a bad idea. I can, however, do the same thing with raffles as there is no guarantee that you will win.

Unfortunately, there are some legal issues with us giving away credits for posting that we then converting them to goods. It can be considered as payment for work as it is a reward for your efforts. So my accountant has suggested that it is a bad idea. I can, however, do the same thing with raffles as there is no guarantee that you will win.

Gives a new meaning to tax credits ?

I’d forgot about my other win still haven’t done anything about it will get round to it one day I hate shopping for stuff lol.

I’d forgot about my other win still haven’t done anything about it will get round to it one day I hate shopping for stuff lol.

Perhaps we should be allowed to buy from shop with credits on a 50/50 basis, every other order processed. Would this satisfy the financial/legal watchdogs!!!!!

Perhaps we should be allowed to buy from shop with credits on a 50/50 basis, every other order processed. Would this satisfy the financial/legal watchdogs!!!!!

It is still classed as a payment in kind.

Basically, members would be providing the service of providing content or POI locations. I would then be paying them in credits that they could then exchange for goods or services. There are ways around it, but it would be such a lot of extra work, it won't be worth it. I will run raffles every day for merchandise and I am happy to lose money on these, so they should be great value for our members.

Eventually, the credits system will give more credits to Full Members.

Full Members will get a discount in the shop that reduces the price to our cost price. So however much it costs us is what you will pay. Free members won't get a discount, but they can, of course, become Full Members if they want to.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back