Travel insurance - solution buy 2 policies

moonshadow

Rally Organiser

It's that old chestnut again. But, when a friend told me some people in her Belgian hotel where hit by a car that mounted the pavement resulting in multiple injuries and eventually repatriation, I rethought making do with EHIC.
I need a worldwide incl USA annual policy but the trips are limited to 31/50 days because of my pre-existing and age, which doesn't help our winter sojourn in warmer climes. So, the motorhome insurance and the house insurance cover our belongings; Aviva and Staysure do a basic policy for medical and repatriation. So an annual policy with AVIVA and a 120 day policy with Staysure, if you don't buy straightaway you get an email offering 15% off, has solved my dilemma! The total was just over £200, cheaper than this years renewal and I have got myself covered. Hope this helps someone. I did check with both insurers they are happy me having two policies.

I do mine with nationwide building society bank account and they extend time limit to 120 days and will allow us to

My bank insurance won't cover me because of pre-existing, haven't looked at Nationwide but I understand most of them have exemption clauses

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back