Travel insurance?

Vanterrier

The kind that includes getting you and your van repatriated in the event of a calamity.
I am an RAC and CAMC member with their van insurance, but who gives the best value for money?
Hopefully we will be doing 4 weeks in Ireland in July, 4 weeks France in September and another 4 weeks in France/Spain next spring.
Who do you recommend?
I feel I paid too much for too little last year.
K ;)

Depends on what the calamity is!
If breakdown or accident, recovery insurance.
If, medical calamity then additional travel expenses of health travel insurance. Ours is with nationwide building society flex plus account. They will extend max trip limit if approached as well as covering existing health aspects.

I have RAC Arrival breakdown and accident cover so I think that covers breakdowns in Ireland but I'm not sure about repatriation of the van if it's ok but I cannot drive? I have asked them and await their reply.
I also asked them what if any additional cover I need for Europe ( their group1 countries, France Belgium etc)
As we are technically still fully in the EU I assume emergency medical cover is provided by the EHIC card (until we leave) but again I am looking for cover that will get us home if I cannot drive or the van cannot be driven.
It's so bliddy complex!
K ?

EHIC does provide emergency cover but I would always have travel insurance as well for additional benefits, travel expenses alternative accommodation etc.
Using E111card can avoid u paying excess in some travel insurance claims as well.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back