Truma 6002 C _ Space heater not working.

Solentmancub

Free Member

Good day all,
I have brought an Ace Airstream 630 PR. It has a Truma 6002 fitted. it took me a while to get the hang of the Trumatic C & EH controls that integrate with the NE 183 Nordelletronica control unit. The Truma won't work on Space heater. The LED lights up, I hear a click which I think is coming from the heater but then nothing.
If I switch to heating & hot water all is good. Both fans run. The igniters works and the gas lights no problem. All fuses are good. I have inspected all parts that I can see & remove both fans to ensure all is well. I believe I am right in thinking the space heater should work on battery & use Gas?
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a resolution? I don't think it is a motherboard or the Truma Controls. The Temp sender is working fine too. The only thing I can think of is it may all intergrate with the Sargeant Fuse box too? I can see both the leisure battery & van battery connect to this.

IMG_2275.jpgIMG_2283.jpgIMG_2465.jpgIMG_2466.jpgIMG_2467.jpg

Not much help for you but can offer my sympathy - Our Truma heater has just come out of the repair shop and first time we've switched it on it comes up with the same error code it went in with. We're stopping off to buy a fan heater. Over complicated ☹️

Not much help for you but can offer my sympathy - Our Truma heater has just come out of the repair shop and first time we've switched it on it comes up with the same error code it went in with. We're stopping off to buy a fan heater. Over complicated ☹️
The truma workshop will fix it for you.

The truma workshop will fix it for you.
Turns out there may not be a problem after all. I watched a few YouTube videos on the controller manufactured by Nordelectonika (the 183). Turns out I may have 2 redundant keys ( manufacture speak for a button). One is the aircon I don’t have and the other is the Space Heater button ( Also not fitted). I also spoke with a chap who used to repair the boards and he thought it may be the Tumatic controller.
Well I know that works fine as I can get hot water & heating As long as the 183 controller has the bottom key/button switched on! If I isolate the gas & run the heating with shore power (Hook Up) I can heat the van electrically I.E. Space heat!! This means I won’t waste gas.
I have been chasing my tail for nothing, even the manual did not point out the fact that one controller (183) fits many different vans.
Needless to say I am now very familiar with my 6002 & have lubricated both fans (common problem). What is your issue?

I've replaced that same controller 3 times in our Ace Siena, there are a few versions of it, the numbers are on the PCB, The UK seller is on Ebay.

If you are wilding, the right hand control should be at three o’clock (the first flame) and the left hand control should be one click down from Off. This will give you warm air heating and also a limited amount of hot water. Your room temp control may need to be at about 7 or more in order for it to fire up. The motors will run and the system will perform a safety check for two or three minutes before actually firing up.
Something to keep your eye on, at the back of the Sargent unit there is a white cable which plugs into the back. Occasionally this needs to be pushed back in. On mine, I can remove a cover from a small cupboard, which the Sargent Unit appears to be sitting on, and identify the white cable. Also it helps sometimes if the second circuit breaker on the right of the Sargent Unit is switched off and on again (don’t know why).
If your leisure battery is below 11.6v, the heating will not fire up and you need to find ehu.

If you are wilding, the right hand control should be at three o’clock (the first flame) and the left hand control should be one click down from Off. This will give you warm air heating and also a limited amount of hot water. Your room temp control may need to be at about 7 or more in order for it to fire up. The motors will run and the system will perform a safety check for two or three minutes before actually firing up.
Something to keep your eye on, at the back of the Sargent unit there is a white cable which plugs into the back. Occasionally this needs to be pushed back in. On mine, I can remove a cover from a small cupboard, which the Sargent Unit appears to be sitting on, and identify the white cable. Also it helps sometimes if the second circuit breaker on the right of the Sargent Unit is switched off and on again (don’t know why).
If your leisure battery is below 11.6v, the heating will not fire up and you need to find ehu.
Thanks for that. I have had my unit apart for the solar issue I had (now fixed). I have attached photos. Your lucky as my unit is practically on the floor. I will address that when I go lithuim soon. Thanks for the advise on the heating controls. Your CB may need to be actioned due to oxidation which is a common issue especially on older vans. All the screws in my van have been galvanised & look pants. Replacing the visual ones with nice shiney chrome.
You can also see in my photo the cabled attached for the solar via a Victronn MPPT

IMG_3794.jpegIMG_2275.jpegIMG_2278.jpeg

If I isolate the gas & run the heating with shore power (Hook Up) I can heat the van electrically I.E. Space heat!! This means I won’t waste gas.
If you have refillable gas, you can fill for about 80p per litre, which is about 12p per KWh. That's significantly less than half the price of electricity.

If you have refillable gas, you can fill for about 80p per litre, which is about 12p per KWh. That's significantly less than half the price of electricity.
If on a site and paid for EHU surely best not to use your gas if you have unmetered leccy?

It's several years since I was on a site with paid-for hookup. Why would I want to pay extra for something I have no need of?

It's several years since I was on a site with paid-for hookup. Why would I want to pay extra for something I have no need of?
Remember to read the answer and the first word .... "if" ;)

I've been running my Truma on the refillable LPG for the last three days, but tonight I will be using the Electric element as I will have paid-for hookup. Be silly not to use what you have already paid out for.

Remember to read the answer and the first word .... "if" ;)
I did. Did you?
Be silly not to use what you have already paid out for.
That's the point. I have stayed on sites that offered hookup for an extra charge.

I had no need of hookup so I *didn't* already pay for it.

I have never seen a hookup charge that was less than the cost of the gas I would use by not having it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back