Truma combi 6 red light

paulhelenwilko

The hot air heating keeps turning off after about 3 mins of blowing hot air. There is a ‘slight rumbling’ noise like a gas flame struggling in a breeze and the red light comes on. If I power off and wait for red light to go off I can turn heating back on and lasts 3 mins again.

water hasn’t dumped and gas ok (fridge and hob work).

any ideas ?

Not on mains, behind leisure centre at Stratford. (Well the Moho is, we are now in spoons !) I wondered if it maybe voltage so ran the engine with the heating on and same happened.

paul.

Thanks Gordon, some pal you are !

I shall try your suggestion in the morning, I suspect we will roll out of weatherspoons and straight into bed to keep warm !

Back in 2015, I had red light problems that were sorted by Truma, who identified an issue with the van manufacturer having installed the wiring loom in close proximity to a hot air duct. They replaced and rerouted the wiring loom.

Dooh !

Well lesson learnt, after a freezing night and morning on Stratford Leisure centre car park and demonstrating to the world wide web via this forum my own stupidity, I filled up the LPG and the heating works now !

In my defence we both thought we had nearly a full bottle left after Hereford and the stove and fridge still carried on working while we were at Stratford. Is the truma more sensitive to the gas being low ?

Paul.

Shout out to Stratford on avon council for providing 9 Moho bays and allowing overnighting !

The hot air heating keeps turning off after about 3 mins of blowing hot air. There is a ‘slight rumbling’ noise like a gas flame struggling in a breeze and the red light comes on. If I power off and wait for red light to go off I can turn heating back on and lasts 3 mins again.

water hasn’t dumped and gas ok (fridge and hob work).

any ideas ?
Well when my truma 4e runs out of water sounds like your description. Check for trapped/bent pipes, or even a blockage to the heater.

Paul.

Shout out to Stratford on avon council for providing 9 Moho bays and allowing overnighting !
[/QUOTE]

Where is that? I thought you could not at the sports centre anymore. I did find a place near a cycle way and old railway you could as it doesn’t say you can’t and it’s locked in overnight.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back