USA & Canada but really Canada/USA

Thank you. We have a 9M van and I was toying with the idea ? of taking the motorbike with us. A quote I had was £4800 each way, this from germany.
We had a similar quote for our 7.5 Metre van for a trip from Liverpool to Boston, but I then found out it was 500 quid cheaper to take it from Bremen! It's the same ship too, that stops at Liverpool on the way! We didn't go in the end, but I'm still seriously thinking of it as a "once in a lifetime" trip.

We only planned ( and still hope to) go to Canada/USA once for 6 months so seabridge works for us.
When we went to US we where both working so could only manage 4wks max every 2 years and never considered motorhome but hired a car and used motels which we never found to be without vacancies. In national parks accommodation is usually booked well in advance but I believe so are the campgrounds. I don't think you'd find it any more expensive to use a hire car an motels than take your van over

When we went to US we where both working so could only manage 4wks max every 2 years and never considered motorhome but hired a car and used motels which we never found to be without vacancies. In national parks accommodation is usually booked well in advance but I believe so are the campgrounds. I don't think you'd find it any more expensive to use a hire car an motels than take your van over

We’ve used a hire car and hotels twice a year there for the last 30 years, love it.

Neither of us particularly like hotels and we enjoy our own food etc
we would also paying for and not using our vehicle stored in UK.
We just love parking up somewhere for the afternoon and overnight !

At the moment we are consoling ourselves with the thought of 3 months to Sweden and Norway next Summer (2021) BUT who knows

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back