Veneer starting to come away/peel

GMJ

We have a small area where the veneer is starting to come off the wood in the MH. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?

It'll need gluing down again but I'd welcome any advice/tips if you have had this problem and sorted it.

ta

thumbnail_IMG_1087.jpg

I would try applying gentle heat, a hairdryer, to see if the glue which attaches it will reactivate and also to try and flatten it back to it's original shape.
Good luck

We have a small area where the veneer is starting to come off the wood in the MH. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?

It'll need gluing down again but I'd welcome any advice/tips if you have had this problem and sorted it.

ta
We had the same with the Burstner on the bathroom door where the security catch rubs against the veneer. Applied a small amount of UHU glue to the open seams and used a small wallpaper seam roller to seal the edges. Repeat as necessary to keep on top of the problem [glue and seam roller always carried in the 'Justin Case' Toolbox :ROFLMAO: ]

Steve

I'm with Lee on this one, but I'd use an iron with a cloth in between starting with a low heat, that way you can apply pressure whilst trying to reactivate the glue. Failing that, Marchie's solution 👍👍

Try heating with an iron and a tea towel between the laminate and iron.

I know I'm being a bit critical but if you use an iron be very careful with the heat as I think that veneer is probably plastic and may shrink with excessive heat.

I know I'm being a bit critical but if you use an iron be very careful with the heat as I think that veneer is probably plastic and may shrink with excessive heat.
The UHU Glue adds a bit of wetness [add your own punchline ...] which restores some pliability to the veneer, like you get when wallpapering, allowing a stretch/press back into the desired shape, Lee. Well, that's the theory; I understand it, but implementing it is quite another matter ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Reactions: Lee
Depends on the age of the Motorhome, but I would be inclined to also consider fitting a small trim strip, stained to match, on the edge once the veneer is restuck to make sure it stays in place, secured with something like panel pins.
belt and braces (or at least glue and nails :) )

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back