Vodaphone !!!

As some may recall I have now dumped Vodaphone !
Moderate hassle in that i Needed to inform several agencies (Bank etc) of the change in mobile no.

I am sure for some, whose business relies on them keeping the same number, This is not a viable option !
I feel I am well out of it but what about others !

I am sure for some, whose business relies on them keeping the same number, This is not a viable option !

Changing providers, but keeping your number works quite well nowadays. It used to be a pain in the ass, taking days, but not anymore.

Yes, but may take longer if you are in a minor dispute, as I was.
It appears all sorted but ....????

When I tried to cancel my Vodafone contact I couldn't get through. My handset was fully paid but they auto renewed the service and didn't lower the amount either. I cancelled the DD and waited for a letter. They tried to bill me two months later including advanced charges for the next month so I asked them for a letter of deadlock, so I could take it to the ombudsman. Suddenly they waivered the charges.

Ofcom rules say you must receive a PAC code for transferring your number to a new supplier immediately by phone and within 1 minute if you use the text service. The text service is probably quicker than getting Vodafone to answer a call and being automated unlikely to be affected by a dispute. Once you have submitted the PAC code to your new supplier the ball is in their court.

Vodafone have changed there roaming limit to a max of 25 G a month a few months ago, you may find when you renew your contract this will take effect

Just watch Vodafone dont just decide to renege on that. Generally I would agree with Graham that Vodafone are and have always been one of the best providers for roaming with good unrestricted coverage but I remember back in 2011 when I had it in writing from them mid trip that they wouldnt stop my passporting rights and data traveller (Think thats what they were called) when we were two months into a five month trip until my contract was up and they went and did it anyway.

Another one to watch with them and others probably is that you put a cap on your data so if it gets to the limit it stops working. I had a client that was using their data sim and unknowingly went over and got billed £200. I think they charge £8 per gb over your limit.

One additional point about roaming - The ferry we last caught from Portsmouth to Bilbao was registered in Iceland. Although I had no data signal for the passage O2 reckoned I had used it, and charged international roaming charges as Iceland is not in Europe.

Having complained (bitterly) Vodaphone have done the correct/decent thing.
They have cancelled my contract and I owe then nothing.
Email today !

so 2 months on from post#13 ( I still have the email)
Today I get a new email

1 I owe £38
2 If I do not pay debt collection will be instigated

Thus a 20 minute FRUITLESS conversation

SO I have replied to the earlier email which was quite clear
I Quote

Dear Mr Clark

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your recent experience. I'm really sorry this led to your email to our Customer Relations Team on 8 October 2019.

Just to recap, when we spoke today, you explained that you were promised free of cost cancellation of your number ending in 720 which has not been done. As discussed, I looked into this and found that the number is active and there is an overdue of £11.63 on your Vodafone account.

To resolve this, I have cancelled your number ending in 720 on immediate basis without any charges. I have removed the overdue of £11.63. I can confirm that your Vodafone account has been closed and there is no overdue on your account.

I hope this has addressed your concerns. If you have any questions, or require further information please do not hesitate to call us on 08080 045 200 (standard call charges apply). We're available every day between 8am and 9pm and one of our case handlers will be ready to work through the issue with you.

My wife had problems with Vodafone a couple of years back. They seem to be incapable of internal communications and doing what they promise. I find it incredible that a communication company can be so inept at simple communications. I think Vodafone must be competing with BT (another communications company?) for the worst customer service/communications medal.

You have my sympathy.

I must buck the trend as having been a Vod customer for over 25 years, they have always done well for me.
The only real problem I have had was this year when they sent out lots of messages telling customers they had gone over their data limits and a big bill would follow.
I contacted them and they explained it was a software problem and all pending bills would be sorted.
They were true to their word with me
And I have 100gb Data and 100gb available to roam and I have roamed for a 7 week tour and an 11 week tour with no problems
I must speak as I find
me too....I also got the same deal with a cashback offer so actually pay £10.80month through broadbandgenie!. It is a pain claiming, and I am sure some will forget! Contract ends fairly soon , not looking forward to sorting it all out again. The only issue I had was that it did not work in Portugal at our barn, whereas a vodafone pt sim was brilliant. Neither vod pt or vod UK could explain!

OK but they incorrectly setup a 2nd account for me
Why would I want 2 accounts ? (ok there are reasons)
And it seems that was not cancelled properly

A 20 minute phone call from me costs £20 earlier today
They phoned me back literally 2 mins ago a 13 min call but again costing £1 a minute

Thanks Graham,
I am happy that you post your positive experience with them.
Up until the abortive change to a monthly contract and confusion over keeping my number I had no complaints.
But as you appreciate the saga (as it has now become) is a joke too far !
Having reviewed all their emails I believe I have knowledge of the "2nd no" which may help them
Although I fail to understand why if they are trying to bill me if they do not know the number

I think my issues with them was being unable to talk to them. I rang at a weekend unfortunately, and it cost me about £4 to sit on hold for 30 minutes. I had to ring from my landline as mobile coverage at home is shoddy. I had bought one of their "Home Cell" devices too but it was pretty useless.
There's no way to end a contract online, only in person by phone. I had several fruitless chats with customer support once they were chasing me for money but they were on-script. When I stopped my Direct Debits, I hadn't used their sim card for about 12 months and the handset was fully paid off. I think there's only a couple of operators who stop billing for the handset after it's paid for, one of them is O2. It you do stick with Vodafone, certainly check what you should be paying.
The only positive experience on Vodafone was in Spain, where I bought a cheap PAYG card pre-loaded with heaps of fast data that lasted us 2 weeks.

It will get sorted..
I may offer that I cancel my £33 telephone bill to them for wasted calls also 4 hours of my time @£10 an hour against my alleged debt !
Clearly ensuring I get no further aggro and no influence on my credit rating
They claim I owe them £38 which is 4 months @£9.50 on a contract they agreed I could cancel ! and a simcard I saw briefly but was retained by the shop !
WE shall see. I have verified details so now I hope all communication will be "Free with email"

Just ask for the letter of deadlock, like I did. That's when they realise you're willing to take it to the ombudsman, which will cost them.

AT LAST !
After explaining the 2nd simcard was their c0ck-up and threatening OFCOM.
I also "offered to pay under extreme duress BUT
ALL is now well
No Debt
No Credit rating implications
and a clear email and I quote "I am really sorry" etc.
So they will get a courteous reply with the statement "I do not now need to go to OFCOM."
:)(y)
Probably steer clear of Vodaphone in future jut to avoid complications
AND 3 months of hassle

Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back