Weather Report..................

Yet more sunshine ...........................

Colin, if there is any slack water, toss in a few bits of bread and you may see them close up. There are some big carp in there, I've had them over 30lb.

That's big, Chris! I'll try this evening if we're still on the aire. Thanks for the tip.
I always thought that carp frequent still water. Where do they go when La Loire is in full flood?
I've watched the carp mating in the evening in the 'ponds' along the Kennett and Avon canal when cycling to the West Country.
It's an amazing sight.

Colin ???

The sun is shining here in Upton-upon-Severn. I am not going to post a photo as we all know what a council car park looks like.

That made me laugh, Phil.
Thanks for that.

Colin ???

That's big, Chris! I'll try this evening if we're still on the aire. Thanks for the tip.
I always thought that carp frequent still water. Where do they go when La Loire is in full flood?
I've watched the carp mating in the evening in the 'ponds' along the Kennett and Avon canal when cycling to the West Country.
It's an amazing sight.

Colin ???

They'm still there Colin and usually get caught under the bankside trees/bushes not in the middle. In flood it's an awesome river.
Joanne Harris, the author of 'Chocolat', based a lot of her books in that region.

Just had to moe motorhome while they trailered a car off where I park so took it for a 4 mile trip round the block. Watch says 23 degrees Prtly Cloudly but I couldn't see any cloud, lovely evening and all sunshine. Should have kept going but got to wait another 24 hours at least yet :(

They'm still there Colin and usually get caught under the bankside trees/bushes not in the middle. In flood it's an awesome river.
Joanne Harris, the author of 'Chocolat', based a lot of her books in that region.

Thanks for the information, Chris.
As you state, big rivers are an incredible sight when in flood. I've seen both the Rhein and the Danube in flood and was astounded at just how quickly the water could rise and then carry away pretty much anything it chose.
Frightening when you're on a cycle-camping tour - with a son!

Colin ???

Very hot again. Can not complain about the lack of summer this year... that's for sure.
Kids school holidays start today, so let's hope it stays nice for them.

We actually had a bit of rain today and it was enough to wet the ground, road is still wet. Cant remember last time it happened :)

The weather last night was interesting!
I was sitting admiring the view across La Loire when suddenly a strong wind came from nowhere. It took leaves and small branches off the trees and then the sky went dark. The rain started then lightning and thunder joined in.
It kept going for most of the night - but I'm really not complaining. The solar panel was thoroughly rinsed and I'm confident there was sufficient lightning to keep the solar panel busy and the batteries charged through the night.
This morning we woke to a warm morning and it's been bright all day as we cut across the loop in La Loire that goes up to Orleans to arrive at the wonderful free site at Sully-sur-Loire.

Colin ???

We have some high level thin cloud this morning but it's certainly warm enough to go topless for an early morning coffee out here.
I hope the French are ready for this.

Colin ???

Mix of sun and high cloud at Beverley, warm enough for me to have walked the dogs topless and not a single car beeped.

Found the solution for Charlie and rubbish vans as well, one of these shared the lay-by with us last night, no leaks here and different interior fitments to what he usually has Charlie’s new bus

The sun's up over La Loire and today should be another warm one.
So we're planning to potter upstream along the river bank cycle path.

Colin ???

Back