Weather Report..................

Tes;n5727 said:
He never stops... He is away from today until after the Christmas meet so that will give him a bit of down time. His days at the moment are looking only at the laptop. I think he is happier when his mind is active although a bit of a break talking to other members will be good for him I think.

dry but coldddddd

He's certainly driven! Even for Phil the current demands on his time must be draining.

Colin ???

Colder and :Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops in Glasgow

Full Member;n4900 said:

.............for the Canary Islands. The volcanoes on the north end of Fuerteventura on the horizon.

Colin ???

You must be in one of my favourite places,Playa Blanca looking out to the ''F''island.We're heading off to Lanzarote in february stopping at Puerto del Carmen,lovely weather there for that time of year.:smile:

La Palma for a week before Christmas then a month in Fuerteventura in February. Don't really care about the weather.

Cheers

H

Winks;n5792 said:
La Palma for a week before Christmas then a month in Fuerteventura in February. Don't really care about the weather.

Cheers

H

That's the way to do it, it's just a bit of a shock to the system when you get off the plane in England to be faced with driving snow

wakk44;n5784 said:
You must be in one of my favourite places,Playa Blanca looking out to the ''F''island.We're heading off to Lanzarote in february stopping at Puerto del Carmen,lovely weather there for that time of year.:smile:

.........in one! It's seriously hot today. I've got the metabolism (and some say........) of a camel but have moved not only into the shade but into a breeze. The bright sunshine helps my 'SAD' no end at this time of the year and I'm exceptionally fortunate to be able to benefit in this way.

Colin ???

Winks;n5792 said:

Cheers

H

La Palma is one of my favourite Canary islands. Quiet and relatively unspoiled. If you haven't done it before think seriously about visiting the international observatory at the highest point (about 2100m up). It's one of the world's most prestgious observatories which means the area has dark sky status. There must be 20 or so telescopes scanning the sky at different wavelengths. I think that the Herschel telescope (funded and run by the UK) is the one that can be visited. It's big! You can pre-book tickets online (they're limited in number and not expensive). The drive up is windy but easy and mainly through lovely forest.
I hope that is of interest.

Colin ???

Last edited:
Second time visiting La Palma Colin. Just grabbing a week at the La Palma Princess and got a car sorted for two days. We have been up to the observatories but not on a tour but I have booked a parking space up at La Cumbricetta (?) for an afternoon. As you say a stunning island and pays back in spades for a little effort if you get out and about.

Car in a moonscape.

Attachments

• photo616.jpg
    photo616.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
Winks;n5874 said:
Second time visiting La Palma Colin. Just grabbing a week at the La Palma Princess and got a car sorted for two days. We have been up to the observatories but not on a tour but I have booked a parking space up at La Cumbricetta (?) for an afternoon. As you say a stunning island and pays back in spades for a little effort if you get out and about.

Car in a moonscape.

You're obviously in the know! We stayed at the Palma Princess - that's the one surrounded by banana plantations. It also has something like 9 pools. We stayed in a room away from the main building and on the upper floor (of only two I think). Before you arrive email them for a room also overlooking the sea. There are many that don't!
If you've been there before you'll know all this, of course. If you haven't and want more information feel free to message me.
Have fun there - and please provide weather reports.

Colin ???

Meanwhile..here, East of Faro , cloudy, 16 degrees, breezy sou' easterly.
Yesterday the forecasts were unanimous that we're not going to get any rain for at least a week.
Today they say well get some, overnight.
bring it.on!

Attachments

• photo618.jpg
    photo618.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 2
Pauljenny;n5898 said:
Yesterday the forecasts were unanimous that we're not going to get any rain for at least a week.
bring it.on!

In Africa the start of rain after drought is often accompanied by a communal outdoor shower. Are the Portuguese ready for something similar?

Colin ???

Not if it means taking their winter coats and woolies off.

Th neighbours started putting their thermals on when the temperature dropped below 30•C, a couple of weeks ago. They all look like Wombles when they venture out.

Anything below 16 degrees is classed as winter.
Our local coffee shop automatically pours me a brandy,as I walk in.
it's not all bad news.

In Yorkshire our big coats only come out if there is a minus in the temperature we don't nessesarily wear them we just get them out of the loft just in case.:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Umbrella_Rain_Drops

Campervanannie;n6136 said:
In Yorkshire our big coats only come out if there is a minus in the temperature we don't nessesarily wear them we just get them out of the loft just in case.:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Umbrella_Rain_Drops

I seem to have mislaid our coats when we put everything in storage. Luckily we have a waterproof each in the van and it's notcold here yet. If they are not easily found when we return to UK in a couple of weeks, it will be a trip to the charity shop! I am sure they will turn up in the summer.

P_20170428_132055.jpg
Pauljenny;n5898 said:
bring it.on!

Love the picture! We got rain here (central Portugal) finally at about 5pm but stopped now. Was forecast to be wet for next few days but now it just says tomorrow. Guess the wind changed.

Last edited:
Yes, we can get wind from all 4 directions,on a day here.
Westerlies hit the Monchique ,then split south and
north, often missing us.
No rain last night, Now forecast for Tuesday.

This is facing east, at 8.am.

Attachments

• photo633.jpg
    photo633.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
It's actually rained overnight here on the Canary Islands - though not much. There's been a sunrise but not as we know it, Jim. It's currently overcast but looks like it'll clear as the temperature climbs.

Colin ???

Back