Weather Report..................

Grey and breezy in the Cheshire Gap, don’t forget to give us a wave as you fly over Paul and safe journey.........
I managed to get the window open, Dave, but couldn't see a thing for the clouds.
We arrived on time after a pleasant flight on a Jet2 757..
I'm not suggesting that it was elderly, but there was seen awful draught in the outside toilet..!
Today is the official start of winter. There didn't seem to have been much rain, while we were away, so I watered round.
Lunch on the breezy terrace... And then it rained..

4 degrees in centre of Newcastle today, 2 degrees back at home up in the hills.

Lots of heavy rain lashing down eastwards with a few heavy hailstone showers passing through on top.
Standing water and "rivers" running on a lot of the roads, but don't think we've had it anywhere near as bad as the Midlands and Yorkshire.

Definitely an evening for staying inside where it's warm and dry... think we're having a home made curry (according to the chef) to get some heat going 😉 🔥

Having left 29 degrees this time yesterday in Palm Desert we just arrived home to 2 degrees. However despite the wonderful weather and scenery in California I still feel very lucky to live in the United Kingdom. We had good views of the Surrey countryside on our approach to London, an unbeatable landscape. Then approaching Glasgow had a lovely sunset out towards Arran.

B1CA7A69-0250-4D2B-879C-80E6AF05F68A.jpeg23582F7A-8E05-4BC1-B693-247BCF3673DE.jpeg

Yes, it looks like we timed our escape well.
We've got 3 heaters on .
The rain is only odd spells of drizzle .
But a Bacalhao Com Natas..( Salt cod in a creamy sauce ), washed down with a dry Alentejo White, .. Compensated for the lack of sunshine

looks lovely, Tony.
But being a complete softy... That's about as near to the white stuff as I ever want to be.
It's 9 degrees, calm and the Sun's breaking through.
Might even be able to turn the 1.5 kw Dimplex off, soon.

'Ere in 'ertfordshire it's 'orrible.
It's damp, grey, still, about 5°C.
Something has to be done about this.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
There are a number of options, Colin.. You're free, over 21 and only here the once.
If you go back to the Canaries, where this thread started, Please take a high capacity smug filter..
It reached 14 degrees, today's max, so I walked into the village. Coffee arrived with a generous glass of premium brandy. Well, it's definitely Winter. 2.40€.., just over £ 2.. That'll have to do.
NW. gusts bringing the temperature down and the clouds in.
Luckily we managed lunch outdoors. Nice to have fresh, young Nasturtiums on the salad.

There are a number of options, Colin.. You're free, over 21 and only here the once.
If you go back to the Canaries, where this thread started, Please take a high capacity smug filter..
It reached 14 degrees, today's max, so I walked into the village. Coffee arrived with a generous glass of premium brandy. Well, it's definitely Winter. 2.40€.., just over £ 2.. That'll have to do.
NW. gusts bringing the temperature down and the clouds in.
Luckily we managed lunch outdoors. Nice to have fresh, young Nasturtiums on the salad.

Thank you so much, Paul!
I've been moping around feeling sorry for myself all day. I'd overlooked the possibility of following your modus operandi and simply moving, albeit temporarily, to a clime more suited to one who was born to occupy red beauties.
I'll start looking at my options post haste.
Again, thank you.
Though I suspect that you may well regret your insightful advice.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Well it stayed fine yesterday until mid-afternoon so we managed a quick trip to Chester Zoo to see the new lion enclosure, very impressive and up close and personal .......

C1E6E045-D6AA-4EAB-869E-8237CE045075.jpeg

Started fine with a hint of blue this morning so some outside jobs beckon.........

grey overcast damp looks like it may rain....however....went outside to feed birds around noon time....surprised it was quite warm.........think i shall be staying indoors today...........christmas market on in the town......bit glum for it.......
listening to radio......quite a few folk putting up their festive decorations in the home............gosh its not even december yet........christmas easter eggs in shops????????

Back