Weather Report..................

It's absolutely awful here.
I had to make difficult choices about breakfast fare and then, believe it or not, transport myself entirely unaided to the poolside:

IMG_20191117_103826.jpg

I have no idea how Paul copes with these impositions for such long periods of time.
I brought some cycling kit with me intending to spend some time on the excerce bikes in the gym here. It is, of course, closed for refurbishment.
So I'll have to embark on some hill walking soon or both my heart and brain will sieze up.

(This is Gran Canaria, not Skegness, not Coldingham - though both suggestions made me laugh out loud! Paul wins hands down on location).

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Wise Choice, Colin.
We did get some rain, after all.
As I was drinking my pudding, at lunchtime, I had to go inside, to fetch my sunglasses..
By time I got back and sipping, it was raining...
It lasted just long enough for us to clear the table and bring all the chair cushions in..

Last edited:
It's 20ยฐC with a bright sun in a blue sky above and a blue sea stretching to the horizon. There are waves gently breaking on the beach below.
I've no idea what it's like in Hertfordshire, though.

The good news is that I managed to persuade Customs to allow import of my Mk IV Smug Filter into Gran Canaria.
The bad news is that they declined import of it's lithium power pack and tracking solar panel which, as Phil will confirm, is essential for optimal power harvesting and therefore filtering.
I'll have to run the Mk IV on lead-acid batteries for the duration so please bear with me should a little smugness get through.
In fact please forgive me if a considerable amount of smugness has gotten through.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Foggy and -5 degrees in Glasgow this morning. Sounds grim, but itโ€™s 6 weeks now since Iโ€™ve seen rain. ๐ŸŒซ๐ŸŒซ๐ŸŒซ
You'll be enjoying the change, then.. Variety is the spice of Wife..
They promised is 6 mm of rain overnight.. It started to drizzle at 23.30. it gave up 5 minutes later..
I, however, lay awake, hoping it would restart, wash the roof clean, and allow me to connect the cisterns.
All we got was 6 litres of murky water..
10 degrees at Sunup..
Now this :
K15740691319415864479188442591556.jpg

Oh, Colin, please don't worry about us.
We appreciate your concern about smugleaks..
We'll all be ignoring your posts, til return to cold wet Blighty...
How long are you away for..?
You'd better pm me your reply, just in case I accidentally press the " Ignore " button.

Oh, by the way...๐Ÿ’š

Oh, Colin, please don't worry about us.
We appreciate your concern about smugleaks..
We'll all be ignoring your posts, til return to cold wet Blighty...
How long are you away for..?
You'd better pm me your reply, just in case I accidentally press the " Ignore " button.

Oh, by the way...๐Ÿ’š

Paul, please don't be offended, but take this in the spirit in which it's intended....................
........stop making me crack out laughing - the slobs around the pool are beginning to eye me warily.
I'll be trawling through the internet later today for information on Laugh Filters. If Amazon have one at a reasonable price I'll be treating you to an early Xmas present.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
Back