Weather Report..................

Decided to give the bus a run out, before it started sending out roots into the drive.
Decent run up to Cadbury garden centre (small village!), but someone turned on the sprinkler and the fan for our homeward journey. The Huntspill starlings were not bothered by the weather and were murmuring away as we drove past.

The emojis built into the site are a trifle limiting, Chris, so I'd like to award:

⭐ and 😅 for your first sentence.
😂 for your second sentence.
❤️ for your final sentence.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Plenty of rain fell on Hertfordshire overnight and the temperature fell to about 4°C.
This morning the rain has disappeared, the sun has reappeared and the temperature has climbed a little.
So I'm off to the Thames estuary for a spot of Grandsprog-spoiling.
Grandads can do that.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Forget yesterday's forecast..
It's warm, broken cloud, 18 degrees.
The wind has shifted from the cold northerly to balmy southeasterly.
A gentle stroll to the village.
Brandy with the coffee, will be out of the question.

Luckily lovely sunny day in Aberdeen, even if a bit chilly. Had to take our little Abarth in for some warranty work so had to spend nearly all day wandering the streets of Aberdeen until the work was done. Hardest part was trying to prevent Sue spending any money in the shops (unsuccessfully).

The forecast was a tissue of lies 😂 ... supposed light rain showers and a gentle breeze enticed me into a fishing trip ....... fortunately the trout seemed to appreciate the windy monsoon conditions and decided to provide some entertainment 👍
I took a trout, at the Pensioner's Treat, last night.
The " Chef " buys fish that are the wrong size for the portion control of other restaurants.
This one was bigger than a Sea Bass.
BBQ ed to perfection, dowsed in garlic infused olive oil, lemon and chopped flat parsley.
It put up a magnificent opposition but I won in the end.
It didn't die in vane.
Surprisingly calm , clear night, still 11 degrees.
Good job, the circuit that powers the heating had developed a fault..
George, the village sparky is on his way, tomorrow.
No use trying to tell him our address, on the phone.... Then I said " The fat old Englishman, with the beard and motorhome ".
Then he remembered..!

Frost overnight developed into a lovely sunny morning, clouded over slightly now and the gritters are out already so presumably more frost to come tonight. The recent days where we had a southerly blowing have gone and we are back into our “normal” north westerly, but only a 10% chance of snow apparently....... 😂

We had frost overnight here in Herts and a beautiful blue sky all day with no wind whatsoever.
So I finished making the rear rack for the Brompton and stripped down the rear wheel to replace a broken spoke. Now that's really not good news for a wheel that has only done about 1500km. Once I had the wheel out I realised that the spoke pattern is distinctly different to anything that I've seen before and certainly not a pattern that I've used when building (albeit larger) bicycle wheels.
It looks like a call to the supplier is on the horizon so that I can better understand his thought processes. I may choose to rebuild the wheel.

Tonight looks to be a repeat of last night and tomorrow (weatherwise) a repeat of today.
Mustn't grumble.

Colin :):):)

Back