Weather Report..................

storm gloria still out to play today, we went to torreveija yesterday the promenade was closed in places rocks picked up of the beach and thrown up on the road and wooden walkways tossed up the beach , there was snow in the foothills 30mls inland ,

Hertfordshire is basking under a blue sky this morning.
On the other hand, there's a thick frost.
It really is a joy to look across the countryside right now and, of course, I anticipate lots of joy as I cycle across the countryside later today.

Colin :):):)

A tepid 7 degrees until 11am, then the north wind , unexpectedly dropped.
Coffee on the Mezzanine, not guilty about the large brandy that came with it..( must play safe, the wind is unpredictable ).
Feeling overdressed... Dare I risk casting a clout..?

storm gloria still out to play today, we went to torreveija yesterday the promenade was closed in places rocks picked up of the beach and thrown up on the road and wooden walkways tossed up the beach , there was snow 30 mls inland

It's warmed up.
The wind has dropped...And I've been forced to go down to the Pensioner's Treat, in the village greasy spoon,
Anchovies, olives & garlic, soused in white Port. Posh dressed salad, tuna paté and cheese.
Braised black pig's cheeks, casseroled with sweet potato, herbs, baby Roasties ....
Rice honey-cakes. Enough red wine, coffee and more than enough brandy.. and change from £ 11 a head.
It'll be nice not to have the heating on overnight.
There's more then a chance of rain.. We hope.

The genteel folk of Herts awoke to mist filling the shallow valleys this morning and a temperature of about 6°C.
Right now the water droplets are combining and falling as a very fine drizzle - so the mist is clearing.
I'll probably wait until later before setting off on the Brompton. Yesterday I made a wheel dishing jig and a truing jig, reset and re-tensioned all the rear wheel spokes and generally (I hope!) improved the strength of the rear wheel.
Now it needs checking out in the wild.
I'd appreciate a few crossed fingers distributed across the UK and Portugal.................Pretty please?

Wet start to the day in southern Spain but dry overhead at the moment 😉

I've noticed that the weather along the Spanish Mediterranean coast hasn't been too good this winter, Rong. I hope things improve in the very near future for all our posters in that area.
(It's good to have a new poster join the thread - welcome!).

Colin 🙂 🙂🙂

All change.
Instead of a wild, wet night, the north. wind changed to easterly.
8 degrees, intermittent drizzle forecast for the next couple of days.
Looks like a walk to the village is the best option.
Penance, after last night's feast.

The genteel folk of Herts awoke to mist filling the shallow valleys this morning and a temperature of about 6°C.
Right now the water droplets are combining and falling as a very fine drizzle - so the mist is clearing.
I'll probably wait until later before setting off on the Brompton. Yesterday I made a wheel dishing jig and a truing jig, reset and re-tensioned all the rear wheel spokes and generally (I hope!) improved the strength of the rear wheel.
Now it needs checking out in the wild.
I'd appreciate a few crossed fingers distributed across the UK and Portugal.................Pretty please?

🤞🤞🤞

Back