Weather Report..................

Don't worry, Dave.. I've got a fallback.. an excellent red from a small winery in the Alentejo region .. I'm not telling anyone about it.
We're sitting out, 25 degrees. Calm night. Listening to music.
Sippng the red, watching Geckos catching insects on the wall near the terrace lights . Better than telly.
Smug... ?
We don't do smug, on this thread ..
Do we ?
Why am I not surprised, you might as well tell us, there won’t be any of that excellent red over here, unless of course, you know differently ................. anyway I have my own Gecko, he just isn’t very fast .........😂
9AC30F90-5087-4A94-8518-A86030D9E43B.jpeg

Just seen 9 pink flamingoes in distance, ok with bins but I phone not good enough to zoom in clearly
Morning sun shinning on them
Wow! This was what we came here for . Wow!

For a giddy moment, I thought this post was from Val54, in Cheshire.. I wondered what he had been drinking... Geckos and Flamingoes....?
We're 7 miles from the coast and the bird population is changing daily. I'm sure we heard a Nightingale, yesterday and the Little Egrets look to be settling back for the winter.
No chance of a brandy coffee today.
It's very pleasant, 25 degrees, breezy and due to climb to 33.
We will postpone our walk into the village until dusk, when we go for the Pensioner's Treat.
Then a romantic, moonlit stagger home.

Just arrived and parked up in the ‘new’ Shieldaig campsite.
weather is drastic, high winds and raining. Journey from Glencoe was a nightmare, heavy rain and flooded roads And ars-hole timber lorries driving like lunatics ! Loads of council workers attempting to clear drains etc.
still better than being sat at home !

Calm, mild end to a good day
Managed to do tidying up gardening jobs before it got to hot at 10.30.
Iced coffee under the Olive tree, Lunch under the parasol..
Gentle stroll into the village as it cooled to 25 degrees at 7 pm.
Good fishy meal and walked back at 9... Chatting to neighbours who sit outside their houses,
Just us and the Geckos, Cicadas outside on the terrace.
Goodnight all.

Just back online after a power cut caused havoc with Openreach in this area and then found it had knocked out our own wi-fi network. Anyway it’s been a lovely day, lunch on the garden bench catching the rays! Also a good day for the roofers to get going on a full re-slating at the daughter’s house, fingers crossed it holds for a few days while it is felted and battened and made weatherproof.

It’s been wet and windy all day, but heading off tomorrow for a month of sun. Looking good on the forecast, we arrive on Sunday.
View attachment 50404
Bon voyage, Bill.
Don't forget to pack a high capacity smug filter.
It was 26' when we breakfasted at 9.30..
We got up late, after spending 2 hours outside watching the latest meteor shower... More like a meteor drizzle..!
Pushing 30' now, and rising

Lindisfarne..,Filey Brigg, Spurn Point.. ?

Back