Weather Report..................

Did the new carrier affect the mpg Colin?

It's not on the Brompton yet, Chris, though in-depth calculations and computer simulations indicate that my fuel consumption will increase by about 0.31 sospk (slices of sourdough per km) in still air on level tarmacadam meeting EN 432 at 20 kph.
I'll also be fitting a laser monitoring and head-up display unit which will automatically upload to the website. Once everything is finally calibrated, installed and commissioned we'll have more reliable information available which will aid future developments.
I hope this helps.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
Windy but dry so far ..... busy day ahead replacing the timbers in the raised garden beds, eldest grandkidโ€™s birthday party this afternoon and then a gig tonight ..... might be a delay in posting tomorrow ๐Ÿฅฑ

It's not on the Brompton yet, Chris, though in-depth calculations and computer simulations indicate that my fuel consumption will increase by about 0.31 sospk (slices of sourdough per km) in still air on level tarmacadam meeting EN 432 at 20 kph.
I'll also be fitting a laser monitoring and head-up display unit which will automatically upload to the website. Once everything is finally calibrated, installed and commissioned we'll have more reliable information available which will aid future developments.
I hope this helps.

Colin ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Though you haven't mentioned it, I am sure you've allowed for temperature and humidity changes? :unsure:

Though you haven't mentioned it, I am sure you've allowed for temperature and humidity changes? :unsure:

I have indeed, Chris.
And pressure in my tyres (which do, of course, meet EN 1097).
And bike clips on my dungarees.
Having said that, I'm not sure if I should I be wearing a tear-drop racing helmet as per the GB racing team.
At the moment I'm wearing a bobble hat.

Colin :):):)

I have indeed, Chris.
And pressure in my tyres (which do, of course, meet EN 1097).
And bike clips on my dungarees.
Having said that, I'm not sure if I should I be wearing a tear-drop racing helmet as per the GB racing team.
At the moment I'm wearing a bobble hat.

Cutting the bobble off may improve airflow, or get a hair style like mine ;)

15 Degrees at a struggle, in the sheltered sun.
We're setting off for ยฝ mile stroll for a semi posh lunch .
Last night we had 2โ…“ hours of intensive Flamenco, great food & drink and interesting, charming chat, in a Flamenco bar..
Tonight's our final night,.
Might go to a different gig tonight.

It has been blowing a gale here with sunshine here today and chilly tonight itโ€™s cold and still windy weโ€™ve had a slight shower but it didnโ€™t even wet the path

Strong winds and heavy rain raced across Hertfordshire overnight and this morning there's lots of surface water.
The sky is nw beginning to lighten, there's the faintest hint of blue up above and it's mild at about 9ยฐC.
So putting all that together a bike ride is a distinct possibility - we'll see.

Heavy overnight rain meant a very unpleasant motorway drive to the gig last night, this morning there is lots of standing water but the skies are brightening so maybe a bit of a break before the next front comes in ..

Bit nippy when we surfaced.. 12 degrees, NE wind.. the forecast said " feels like 4 degrees ".
We didn't feel like 4 Degrees, thank you, so didn't surface any further.
Sun's up, ..So are we...16 degrees.
Huge breakfast before checking out.
Another offer from the hotel ..4 nights in any Parador.. ยฃ 90..
We're tempted, but we've a suitcase starting to steam, and plants to water, as there's been no rain, while ever been away.

Back