• Hello, If you are looking for the YouTuber Special Camp - Gregg Virgoe Meetup please CLICK HERE

What did you do to your van today?

bobj808

Drained my water and Truma boiler tank - we actually had a mild frost this morning in SE Scotland. Climate change appears to have passed us by up here, it's always cold in the summer and freezing in the winter and no doubt always will be. Bob.

Lee

I'm having to change the washer reservoir as it sprung a leak on the way back from Scotland.
The first problem is I can't find a replacement.
Therefore after a lot of searching and thinking outside the box, I have a Golf must 5 reservoir.
Now the challenge to get it to fit, part 1 was yesterday drilling the holes for the self tapping bolts today part 2 wait for the rain to stop and then wrestle it into position and get the filler pipe into the final position.
It sounds easy but it's one of those jobs which require at least three hands and to be able to see around corners.
I'll report back later.

Lee

The reservoir is now fitted, it was a lot easier on the daylight.
It was still quite a struggle but at least the pump from the old one fitted the new one.

Vanterrier

Drilled a 20mm hole in the nearside windscreen scuttle to drain away water which had been collecting there then dripping down onto my throttle body. Put a rubber grommet in the hole and pushed a straight connector through the grommet finally connecting a small pipe to take the water away to the nearside.
I will need to fit a larger dia pipe later but am pleased with the results.
K ;)

HurricaneSmith

Well done you!

Over the last six years I've fallen off my step ladder twice cutting the laurel hedge, and realised there mustn't be a third as falling off hurts. I've just ordered a tripod ladder which hopefully will keep me safer on our sloping ground. I'll also use for cleaning the van's roof.

Jackyboy225

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
How much you asking for tow bar and what is it off

Vanterrier

Sorry Jackyboy its not now for sale.
K ;)

2cv

I hoovered after our last trip, then drained tanks and set the anti frost heater as the van is out of action for a few weeks now.

Rec

Put the bed back together...been transporting 8x4 sheets of wood, so took centre of bed out. Back to being a fixed bed again now, and we are off this morning for a few days.

GreggBear

Replaced the lip seal in my toilet cassette. Put cassette back in & lit some incense sticks....

Haaamster

Probably best not to look too pleased when you tell Susie you hoovered Bill, it seems to send women crazy " Ooooh!! You hoovered did you, well i've hoovered up after you every day for years without bragging about it "
Funny creatures ain't they :(

• Funny
Reactions: 2cv

Vanterrier

I usually tell her its "bloke clean" and she then starts "doing it properly" 😒
Today I got the mats out and hoovered them and the van. Repaired the wee catch that locks the fridge shut.
And the main job was to clean between the screen and scuttle then apply a bead of Sikaflex 212 (all I had in stock). Hopefully that is the finish of my efforts to stop water dripping onto my throttle body in future.
Just need some wet weather now to see if it works.... shouldn't be long then
K ;)

Busylizzy

We gave van first proper wash since we bought it (second hand). Rear bumper suddenly has spider web of cracks on it on right side that we have not seen before. We havent had a bump.
Made list of issues that have occurred since we bought it... probably minor stuff but we cant sort it ourselves.
So making list and will go back to the dealer to see what is covered.

Hoovered van out , did a proper wash of walls and underside of cupboards above hob to 'degrease'. Cleaned doggy nose marks off windows!!

Learned valuable lesson to check on external and internal van conditions so we know when things change .

Last edited:

Phantom

The Sprinter headlights worked awesome lighting up the road ahead, but got an MOT advisory for coatings on them, but not really coatings as such. They just looked pretty hazy so got a polishing mop in the drill and added some T-cut. Now both look crystal clear and enhance the look of the MH. 😊

ProjectAmber

Nice!

I ripped my bed out to raise it and make a bigger garage space, but at 9:30 this evening. 😆
Kind of HAD to finish that one else I was sleeping with the dog.