What did you do to your van today?

Managed to slam the side door on my hand, A lot less blood a several stiches later, I'm feeling rather sorry for myself. Wishing I was down a beach.

Ouch, I hope you didn't break anything keep taking the pain killers.

Fitted a new wiper linkage and motor to my MH, I’ve had an intermittent problem with the wipers stopping after an indeterminate time then starting up again 10 or 15 or 20mins later, apparently others have had the same problem which is difficult to diagnose because of it being so intermittent. Someone had a similar problem and it was found to be a circuit board which cost over £500 plus two hours of diagnostics, luckily for him it was under warranty, I thought I would try a new motor and linkage first as fitting it myself and also purchasing it myself worked out at £100.
The one below is the old one by the way.

Wipers.jpg

Just fitted a new freezer door to the fridge ,not cheap but there you go
nothing wrong with the door itself but the seal was starting to go and it has to be bought attach to the door £64

Last edited:
Just fitted a new freezer door to the fridge ,not cheap but there you go
nothing wrong with the door itself but the seal was starting to go and it has to be bought attach to the door £64

It must be something to do with fridges, I replaced the hinges on mine and they where expensive for what they are but they make a difference.

Just scrubbed the roof ,cleaned solar and moved the aerial so the sun does not shade it ! (Sun?) neighbours think I’m off ma nut oot doing it
all levels done
looking to fit amother usb point in the rear of van
must start to think about remanufacturing and redesigning the wardrobe

Cleaned and loaded up 'Millie' in time for our departure to go over to Suffolk and Norfolk for the next couple or so weeks.

One of our main objectives being to go to the truly amazing Cley Smokehouse (https://cleysmokehouse.com/) as well as getting some much needed wind tan to our chuby little cheeks !

Scraped the frost off the windows here in Braemar🤤
Its cold, winter is coming...
K ;)

Washed the dirt etc off the solar panel.

Got the cooker hood extraactor running smoothly - 2 squirts from oil can on upper bearing. But being Dometic getting at it involved loosening roof rail and removing 2 mushroom covers to get at it!

Need to clean rest of roof and see if I can see the source of intermittent water leak which only happens with van at particular angle - could be anywhere!
Any suggestions for good motorhome technicians in Gloucestershire?

I broke the habitation door retainer catch the other day,it had become brittle, just received a new one from E Bay £4 -.20 delivered bargain the same ones are on E Bay for a lot more money, just need to get the new one fitted , as and when, it is identical to the original so no problem there ?

s-l140.jpg

Drove the van to the garage for an engine oil and filter change. Also getting the gearbox oil changed.

Went to Emm-Bee at Bury to collect some hinges for my Nexxo, £9 for 4 from Burstner, almost a bargain.👍

Back