What did you do to your van today?

Drained all water down and left mixer taps halfway between hot and cold setting and fully open.
Ran an EHU lead out to the drive so that a thermostat-controlled convector heater can be used as and when I feel it's necessary once winter proper arrives.
I feel better for that!

Colin :):):)

Nothing at all...I errr well um oh I remember!

I went in it just to recover a pack of Cheddars I had mislaid during the week which led me to then go and get a watering can to flush out the diverter and valve in our water less toilet.

Which then necessitated me checking some dash cam footage, and then I realised the mark on the stem of my Vision plus Antenna had worn off and I could not tell which way it was stowed anymore so that required finding another indelible marker.

Then...... it was getting dark so I came in to a very cold cup of tea that Karen had made some time earlier.

Just fitted a prototype Starter Battery maintainer (Trickle Charger). (One day Clarence will no longer be a lab on wheels o_O! well, maybe not :cool: )

my sprinter had a permanent parasitic load on the chassis battery of 115mA.

I have the sterling power 3A version, I use it only when the vans not in use on my driveway. There’s no settings and it cuts in at 13.3v and out at 12.8v.

votronic do one as well at a lower price only 1A though which is probably good enough if I had seen it before buying the sterling.

Votronic also include this feature in their b2b chargers not sure if it’s can be turned off though and when I want to retain max leisure battery I want to be able to turn it off.

Does doing other people’s vans count in this thread?
I am expecting a client with Peugeot Boxer to arrive later today for a bit of serious staring at stuff followed by rewiring.

Is there a version that will maintain 24V batteries from a 12V system?
I am waiting to confirm this point actually :) The unit auto-detects the voltage and will work with 24V batteries but I am not sure if it regulates/boosts as well. I will let you know in the next day or so I guess

In the meantime, I can tell you that Sterling have 4 variants of their Battery Maintainer - 12V-12V and 24V-24V, but also have a 12V-24V and a 24V to 12V versions, but as mentioned there are no settings.
The one I am testing has settings for both Lithium and Lead Acid batteries, and if you have a Standard or Smart Alternator (sounds overkill for a trickle charger you may think but they can affect how these devices can and should work).

Emptied Italian water out of fresh water tank. Will refill it in a couple of weeks when we go to 9 month old grand sons dedication! 😀

Is there a version that will maintain 24V batteries from a 12V system?
OK. The unit I am testing works as 12V-12V and 24V-24V. Currently no 12V-24V version, but in product development stage, so watch this space .... (so far the 12V-12V is working brilliantly :) )

Ventured out in the rain to try and find the source of a constant noisy dripping sound coming from the front end of the van. Turned out that the drain hole in the scuttle that collects the runoff from the windscreen discharges straight down onto the inside of the front bumper. So the drop of about 700mm accounted for the annoying noise. Next job to glue some foam or similar onto the inside of the bumper...........

Yesterday I went and collected a Stronghold 14" 16" wheel clamp, that I won on ebay for £15, (as new), :):):)it will sit opposite the Full Stop Security Centurion wheel clamp that I also got a few weeks ago for £15, (not new), :)for when my MH gets parked up in my rear garden storage area. I also take a few other precautions to immobilise the MH. Perhaps I'm getting a bit Paranoid after reading about all the stolen MH and Caravans that I mention in another thread.:eek::cry::cry:

Filled up water, boiler etc then checked heating working ok ready for heading up to Cumbria Monday or Tuesday for a few days.

Often think about removing a key fuse from the vehicle fuse box. I guess it would take any thief a while to suss that out!!!!

Got busy yesterday and cut wood for the fixed bed frame; was going fine until I went to Glue and Screw...

Found out that I hadn't cut the joints into 2 pieces and that I was missing 3 uprights (legs), this will be my task for tomorrow morning.

Remembered to set up cameras ready for when I start posting to http://youtube.pugh-global.com/

Did I overdo it with the Tarp? :)

Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 15.48.42.png

Often think about removing a key fuse from the vehicle fuse box. I guess it would take any thief a while to suss that out!!!!
Yes, but then a hidden switch might be better, or as someone else suggested something like a multi pin jack connection plug on your key ring could switch several circuits.

I did nothing because as usual its broken and in the dealers. Adria, dont you just love em.

Back