What did you do to your van today?

Thought it was time to get "Chipsaway" to fix my VW Camper as it has been damaged for a few months now.

Well, they say "no job too small" and it did have a chip in it. But when the chap arrived he said he couldn't fix it and wasn't happy because it was a "no fix, no fee service". Ah well, c'est la vie.

:D 😺

1577734184250.png

Wildebus have we started early for the New year's party or just not finished Christmas yet???
It was GOOD though.
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

car's nacked ,so took the van shopping. easy parking thanks to blue badge. being a human wreck has some perks
That is the only reason Maggy takes me shopping😡

As far as jobs on the van I have had two new tyres fitted to the front, Michelin Crossclimate to match the rears, today I am fitting an external 4G aerial to give me more chance of a good signal

we just had 9 days in daughter's bedford bus.could almost imagine being able to afford 2500 miles of diesel to drive down ! the only white was the foam on the beach

Replaced all the gear under the bed, remade the bed, after, finally moving the daughter out. It’s amazing how much stuff you can get in a camper van, when you really want the person who’s stuff you’re moving, out of your house. We will miss the little one. Although Nik said we’ll have her here at least, three days and two nights for sleepovers.
Peace at last. If only temporarily.

Actually yesterday but post didn’t work. Not started that early today!!!!

Wiped down the oily bits under the bonnet.
Couldn’t believe all the sand all over it.
Was at widemouth bay recently when wind was blowing a hoolie straighten off the sea and sand blowing into my face as I nipped in to cafe with a friend. Can only presume

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
Made a start on mucking it out, don't we collect a load of junk on our travels (I even found a couple of 'lost' things too), in preparation for our Portugal trip later this month

Made a start on mucking it out, don't we collect a load of junk on our travels (I even found a couple of 'lost' things too), in preparation for our Portugal trip later this month
Where u going in port u gul, as I think they pronounce it!!!!
We loved northern beaches around Porto and city itself!!!

Our ferry is due in at 2.15pm on the 22nd so we should have a couple of easy hours to amble southwards, then we will try to visit friends in Ledesma just below Salamanca. After that we are aiming for the Isla, who's praises ***** espoused, and maybe spend a few days there, then its over the border to a campsite at Villamoura, then kinda doing *****'s trip in reverse up through Portugal and spending a little time on the Duro using the poi's and satnag. So that's it, a couple of months or until the money runs out

You are the dishwasher and fine you know it
Bloomin' 'eck another one picking on me----------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm gonna eat wirms

Our ferry is due in at 2.15pm on the 22nd so we should have a couple of easy hours to amble southwards, then we will try to visit friends in Ledesma just below Salamanca. After that we are aiming for the Isla, who's praises ***** espoused, and maybe spend a few days there, then its over the border to a campsite at Villamoura, then kinda doing *****'s trip in reverse up through Portugal and spending a little time on the Duro using the poi's and satnag. So that's it, a couple of months or until the money runs out
There’s a lovely reasonable price aire terraced high above the river about 25 miles up the Douro River at Peso de Ragua and Lamego Is amazing town well worth a visit.
Camp site in açai book nr fig de fox , called Tamanco run by a Dutch couple is amazing too, trust me.

I started to put sttuff in ours ready for our Spanish trip starting on Sunday.

Rather stymied by both of us having colds from hell. Not a wink sleep for 2 nights now!

I'm going to OD on Night Nurse tonight to see if that helps🤒

Graham :)

Put my Votronic mppt controller in to replace PWM.
It's working - but obviously at this time of year not a lot to tell 😀
Update on Votronic - it really does seem to be getting more juice out of the panel.
My LB "fully charged"when I looked today - and that's topping up after a 4 hr run home a couple of days ago.
A higher voltage showing than I've ever seen before.
Whilst I guess that's the float voltage (13.2v) the old PWM didn't do it.
When charging it did show 14.4v which again is a new thing particularly as it hasn't been that sunny.
I'm pleased with the upgrade.

Last edited:
Back