What did you do to your van today?

Gordon,
You are a genius, lucky to be alive though.

I did try a broom but unfortunately it was a little too stiff as a slight bow in the stick is required to get through the door handle and 'bend' out on the left to meet the flyscreen. However this places tension on the stick and holds it in place.

I have decided not to patent the design but to leave it Open Source so the whole of mankind can benefit. Then people can share their design improvements as we go along. I have Tehnical drawings in third angle isometric projection for anyone wanting them along with a cutting list.

Paul

Gordon,
You are a genius, lucky to be alive though.

I did try a broom but unfortunately it was a little too stiff as a slight bow in the stick is required to get through the door handle and 'bend' out on the left to meet the flyscreen. However this places tension on the stick and holds it in place.

I have decided not to patent the design but to leave it Open Source so the whole of mankind can benefit. Then people can share their design improvements as we go along. I have Tehnical drawings in third angle isometric projection for anyone wanting them along with a cutting list.

Paul
Psn masell

Attempted to restore the headlights..
According to YouTube videos it's possible to remove the "haze" of ageing using toothpaste, a rag, and elbow grease.
It has to be "whitening toothpaste " apparently as its slightly more abrasive.
Anyway....it was either the wrong rag, wrong toothpaste (I used Colgate) or the wrong elbow.
Now searching the tinternet for replacement lamps.

I’ve used the green one on my old Mazda bongo years ago to restore headlights hope this helps

81D9DB42-CBBF-4DA3-95EE-40DB8C71D469.png47C0ECD6-E7EE-4DC0-90DA-4748B389B612.png

Last edited:
Attempted to restore the headlights..
According to YouTube videos it's possible to remove the "haze" of ageing using toothpaste, a rag, and elbow grease.
It has to be "whitening toothpaste " apparently as its slightly more abrasive.
Anyway....it was either the wrong rag, wrong toothpaste (I used Colgate) or the wrong elbow.
Now searching the tinternet for replacement lamps.
Mers car polish or T cut on a slowly rotating polishing mop gently applied to the lens will do the job. Don’t go to hard or too fast as you will melt the plastic.

I know it's sad but I cleaned the roof of the van.
When there are green marks running down the van it's time to clean the roof.
It's not surprising it went green as it's been wet for about 3 months with all the rain we've had.
Hopefully our trip to Spain and Portugal will help it stay white, when the sun bleaches everything.

It's not surprising it went green as it's been wet for about 3 months with all the rain we've had.
Hopefully our trip to Spain and Portugal will help it stay white, when the sun bleaches everything.
Don't you realise that a green roof is environmentally friendly,

Reactions: Lee
I thought I’d clean my roof as well Lee since ther was nothing in the way.

Reactions: Lee
Back