What do you do with old batteries?

Have today taken my 4 Banner batteries in to my local recycling centre.

97kg @ £0.465 per kg means I’ve got back £45.11 - every little helps ?

It seems the price of lead has risen slightly from the 44p I was originally quoted.

I tend to use them in my workshop for lighting kept topped up with solar. some I refurb. I will always take batteries anyone wants to drop off.

Hmmm.. 'they' often drain the acid into the ground, smash the case to get at the two metals so it can be separated so as to make for money from it. Any waste will be dumped somewhere it shouldn't. Far better to take them into a scrappy and come out with a few quid for yourself!

Personally I never feed vermin....

is that right, I take it you've never paid any taxes then , I've lived amongst travellers / gypsies most of my life and never known any that would bother to do that when they can just use the local scrapyard the same as anyone else I doubt it would be worth the bother.

is that right, I take it you've never paid any taxes then , I've lived amongst travellers / gypsies most of my life and never known any that would bother to do that when they can just use the local scrapyard the same as anyone else I doubt it would be worth the bother.

Hear hear 'Full Timer'. Quite sad to see such blatant borderline hostile stereotyping and discriminatory feelings amongst such a motorhomer/travelling community. Sits well with the strong racist views so openly shared by a few gatherers at a meet last year that frankly revolted us.................

Just got £27.50 for 2 x varta 10 year old leisure batteries at scap metal me4chant Weighed in at 50kg

I’ve just called my local metal recyclers and both of them weigh in batteries

One offers 40p per kg, the other wins at 44p per kg.

So a 25kg battery (I’d better fill it to the brim with water ?) will payback £11.00, now that’s better than taking it to the local tip which is a further half miles drive.
Start filling them right up with water & they won't be good money for long. Same as people who fill pieces of pipe with sand & flatten the ends. Scrap is reasonable money & good return for what is essentially "rubbish" to yo, why spoil the job just to try & make a few extra pennies?

cash no longer allowed in England IIRC
Indeed so in GB as an whole, and to stop the kind of antics that still go in NI I bet! (Still plenty of dodgy ones around who pay cash no questions for Cat. converters sadly).

We had our yearly cash in of all our lead strip outs for the past year on Tuesday a bit less this year but sill a nice wee lift after a couple of slow weeks £1800 split four ways. Free money🤑

I still haven't taken mine as a bloody great tree fell on the shed that they were stored in and so far I cannot get access. It was a beech tree and counting the rings of the stump that the tree surgeon cut there were 253!!!
Plenty firewood anyway
K ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back