Wheel protection over winter. 1 bag for two wheels.

Jescreet

Ever wondered what to do do with an empty 1ton bag of sand / gravel, that was delivered by your local builders merchant ?. Make sure all remains of sand / gravel are cleaned off the bag. Then cut the bag in half ( top to bottom, across the bottom, and up the other side ). The bag should now be in two identical halves. Again wash down each half to remove any sand or gravel. Turn each half of the bag upside down, and place over your motorhome wheel, then secure with some rope or line, to prevent it blowing off in any strong winds. It just offers a bit of protection from the weather, and fits my 16" wheels just fine, and gets rid of the old bag ! :)

Wheelpro1.jpgWheelpro2.jpgWheelpro3.jpg

looks good just got to decide where to build awall to get a bag
I have used cheap car seat covers in the past. You need the elasticated sort, not the ones that are tied down.

Also, if you have a Tag axle van you can use the rear seat protectors if you have dogs. They clip nicely around the tyres.

Good idea as i have about 6 of them, but my van is in use most weeks, could use bungi straps to hold them on.

Brilliant idea! Our council is changing from bags to wheelie bins for the garden waste - so that’s a use for two of them 😹

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back