Which European Breakdown Cover Are People Using?

Turns out on further investigation that the policy actually covers 1 call out per journey, so a bit more useful than the broker first suggested.......
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.

Turns out on further investigation that the policy actually covers 1 call out per journey, so a bit more useful than the broker first suggested.......
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.

Hmmm, better but still too limiting.
The point of taking out the policy is to cover you for large losses should your vehicle fail (and need recovery). One call out per journey means you may as well self insure as you still have to bear too much risk.
One flat tyre on a motorway (which they will attend) then a breakdown situation requiring recovery (which they now won't) is not an unusual experience on a long trip.

I just hope journey means each day's trip otherwise I'm sure many will have been caught out by this.

We actually now have 4 breakdown insurance policies.
Fiat assist comes with the extended warranty. ADAC, which we took out years ago, but they have a four-month trip limit.
RAC with the Arrivals, zone 3 covers us for Europe and Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan.
And then to get Turkey we had to take out a 4th with Starling.
💰

Im covered by AIB which is on my van ins as i travel a lot down southern ireland,£65 due to van being reg at 6.3 t weight.

We actually now have 4 breakdown insurance policies.
Fiat assist comes with the extended warranty. ADAC, which we took out years ago, but they have a four-month trip limit.
RAC with the Arrivals, zone 3 covers us for Europe and Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan.
And then to get Turkey we had to take out a 4th with Starling.
💰
I don't recall ADAC having a four-month limit? how does that work if it is taken out by a non-Germany resident? is it based on cover outside your country of residence? (thinking if it worked as being outside the ADAC home country, there would be a load of people on a permenant trip :) )

Remember to check the maximum age of vehicle on some cheaper policies.

I seem to recall that we switched from normal RAC to the Arrival scheme when we first went abroad with a caravan because it covered a longer outfit (we had a 5 berth caravan and towed with a Rover 820i) and covered vehicles over 10 years old when abroad, which basic RAC cover didn't.

Just had a quote from CCC when I have booked trip to Spain. Van 6.95m long 2007 vintage.
Personal & Breakdown 3 months £270. 6 months £275. (Thats not a mistype it really was only £5 more) 12 months £642.
Thats before any medical uplift.

Just had a quote from CCC when I have booked trip to Spain. Van 6.95m long 2007 vintage.
Personal & Breakdown 3 months £270. 6 months £275. (Thats not a mistype it really was only £5 more) 12 months £642.
Thats before any medical uplift.
sounds like 6 months + 6 months is a better option than 12!
Medical Uplift? would this be the same features as taking out a typical annual holiday insurance policy? that could be a good option if so as the one policy would cover you for all types of holidays?

Ours comes with the insurance from Comfort. Each year I do comparisons but each year they are the cheapest.

Graham
smile.gif

We are insured with Carole Nash and "included in the price" is UK and European Breakdown assistance.
We have used it once in France and they attended within about 40 mins and got us on the road again in another 20 mins.
Highly recommended.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back