Which Rust Inhibitor?

Vanterrier

I am intending to coat the internal cavities and panels of my 2010 Ducato 6.3M PVC with a rust inhibitor as despite its age, it's very low mileage and still in excellent condition and as I intend to keep it a few years I don't want to have to fight rust later, as I had to do with my previous 2004 van.

I can see a number of products all making similar claims but vastly different prices ( for a 5lit. Container)

Do you have any direct knowledge or experience of these or can you make further recommendations.

Bilt Hamber Dynax s50 - £60

Hammerite waxoyl - £30

Noxudol 900 - £22

K ;)

I am intending to coat the internal cavities and panels of my 2010 Ducato 6.3M PVC with a rust inhibitor as despite its age, it's very low mileage and still in excellent condition and as I intend to keep it a few years I don't want to have to fight rust later, as I had to do with my previous 2004 van.

I can see a number of products all making similar claims but vastly different prices ( for a 5lit. Container)

Do you have any direct knowledge or experience of these or can you make further recommendations.

Bilt Hamber Dynax s50 - £60

Hammerite waxoyl - £30

Noxudol 900 - £22

K ;)
Bought some Bilt products a couple of months ago to treat underbody rust and inject cavities, the reviews seemed reasonably authentic, it was a tossup between Bilt and Dinitrol.

Ah Dinitrol, why didn't I think of that? I used it on my old TVR so don't know why I forgot? Senior moment I suppose.

Now, I asked the same question over on the self builders website and got great news from Phil ( Millie Master) that all Sevel vans from 2007 have galvanised bodies so I don't need to treat my cavities :)

Great news so thanks again Phil

K ;)

Waxoyl has always served well refresh every now and then as required.

Although we don’t have to bother with rust treatment over here when living in the U.K. and especially in Scotland I always used Waxoyl and found it to be excellent with only a small top up occasionally.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back