Why we would find it difficult to full time

tonybvi

We love our motorhome, we love going away in it, we love going off for extended European tours in it.
However we also love where we live.
We are fortunate enough to live in the countryside in a beautiful part of the world (N E Scotland) but within easy reach of civilisation.
Today we woke to great weather (for Scotland) and watched 3 red squirrels chasing around our back garden. While we ate breakfast Charlie, our farming neighbour, started cutting sileage in the field opposite our house. This operation attracted a couple of red kites which we watched for ages gliding and swooping over his tractor (as seagulls do) clearly looking for a morsel or two. Later on Charlie employed his arsenal of heavy machinery (windrower and the biggest forage harvester you have ever seen to chop and collect his sileage), again attracting the red kites. Once the field had been cleared it was visited by a family of roe deer clearly wondering where all the grass had gone.
And what was the best part? Our daughter (Allie) and son in law were visiting from Edinburgh and were able to enjoy all of this with us. They then left for a pint or three with one of our sons (Allie’s brother) who lives in Aboyne but we were soon cheered up because Charlie had let his cattle back into the freshly cut field. We love the cattle as if they’re not eating or lying down they seem to spend all their time watching us over the fence - a bit creepy but makes us laugh.
We wouldn’t have missed today for anything so full timing is out!
Tony

In relation to your subject title, I have too many hobbies that need room so no chance of full timing. I do spend April/May, September/October/November in France/Spain so I am a part time full timer.
In your area next week as have a tour booked round Balmoral Castle and then down to a CCC THS at Brechin, hopefully if weather is good

This year i have so many jobs around the home i sure dont think i will be going to far.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back