Will this charger Function on 110V 60cycles

jagmanx

CTEK EVS 38/20 DS/IU
So I can avoid all problems with running heating at night
IF and yes a BIG IF
The above unit will function 100% in Canada/US by using EHU via my normal plug-in

Obviously NO OTHER 240V items to be connected in particular the fridge to stay on gas.
Just need to keep LB topped up aat night when Truma gas blown heating is working.

Further to my other posts this may be the answer

Thanks Tezza.
1 not sure how much power it will deliver safely.
2 not sure how much power the ctek unit will draw.
As I posted only requirement is battery charging to run the truma heating fan.

Anyone know answers to either 1 or 2 ?
Ps solar keeps the battery well over 13.5 in the day. Plus alternator every 2 or 3 days.

I cannot find any info for a CTEK EVS 38/20 DS/IU, even on Ctek's website they don't list it in the product range, are you sure that is the correct model number?

If its a badged Calira Its input voltage is 195-265V 50-60Hz so No it wont.

Update
Rung a CTEK guy
He said...
Max charge is 10 amps at say 14V =140 Watts
140 watts @ 230V = 0.7 Amps
So yes the original one will do as in Tezza33 post #2

edit: posted without seeing the other replies :whistle:

PS having now looked at the Bestek device..It only supplies about 0.9 amp ! ?

Looking at the voltage input of your charger it states input voltage 195 V - 265 V so personally I would not risk damaging it on 110V but perhaps someone more knowledgable will post with more advice.

I didn't check the output of the Bestek, sorry about that but it was just to show you there are options

Technical specifications

Power supply AC voltage 230 V / 50 Hz, single phasePower supply AC voltage 230 V / 50 Hz, single-phase Range approx. 195 V - 265 V / 50 - 60 Hz.Range approx. 195V - 265V / 50 - 60Hz.
Output current: Output current: (Charging current battery II) (Charging current battery II) Charging current max.Charging current max. 20A, 20A, arithmetic mean, electronically controlled according to the charging characteristic IUoU.according to the charging characteristic IUoU. Output current: Output current: (Charging current battery I) (Charging current battery I) From 14.3 V battery voltage of the battery II is the 14.3 V battery voltage of the battery II is the Parallel connection with battery I. Equalization current according to parallel connection with battery I. Equalization current depending on State of charge of battery I (starter battery) .State of charge of the battery I (starter battery). Does theDoes that fall? Voltage of the battery II below 13.2 V, the voltage of the battery II below 13.2 V, the Parallel connection automatically canceled. Output voltage: DC voltage 12 VOutput voltage: DC 12V Charging: Charging: AutomatischAutomatically Automatic switching: Automatic switching: (Main charge phase) (bulk phase) OFF at battery voltage 14.4 V Charging current <18 A, OFF at battery voltage 14.4 V charging current <18 A, Automatic switching: Automatic switching: (Recharging phase) (absorption phase) Ten hours constant 14.4 V with gel batteries.Ten hours constant 14.4 V for gel batteries. Four hours constant 14.4 V for liquid batteries. Four hours constant 14.4 V for liquid batteries. Automatic switching: Automatic switching: (Maintenance charge phase) (charge phase) Trickle charge constant 13.8 V.Trickle charge constant 13.8 V. Switching capacity: Switching capacity: Tremat isolating relay 50 ATremat isolating relay 50 A Fridge relay 20 ARefrigerator relay 20 A Consumer relay 35 AConsumer relay 35 A

Thanks to all.
I will go for the 500watt device or none at all.
And run the engine if need be but we are normally OK

May chhose my other option of a fly lead (Canadian) and a 750-1500 watt fan heater again Canadian

You might we worrying about nothing. When we went through Niagara in mid June and headed west across Canada, people were dying from heat conditions. But of course by mid September in British Columbia we were driving in snow and "rescued" a bike rider who had mistimed his trip badly and was just sitting on the side of the road turning blue.
The other point is that a truma fan ticking over on low fire doesn't use all that much power so even a single 100Ah battery should be able to handle the load. Have you checked what the truma actually draws.

I found a battery charger made in Germany that was universal voltage but it was a couple of hundred Euro so not so practical for a one-off

Thanks Tony...
Will pause for now and buy a
Cansda lead and small fan heater if needed
Yes use the truma whilst it is still light.
As you say tickinh over is Ok

If you expect to have a hook up just get a fairly low wattage electric heater - fans are smaller than convection but do make some noise.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back