Wobbly steering wheel

village

Hi got 2.3 ducato had front wheel bearing and drive shaft fitted in uk alls well. Arrived in spain steering wheel wobbles between 30 40 mph had 2 front tyres fitted and balanced but problem persists any advice thanks in anticipation

I bent a half shaft in Norway, only enough to be a nuisance on full acceleration which I avoided.
On return to UK I had it changed after a short test drive with my trusted mechanic!
After a few miles it became clear that I had changed the wrong one....changed the other one and all was well!
I can only suggest that it may not be too obvious where the problem is!?

PS. A rolling road is often the best diagnosis course....as my mechanic suggested afterwards :oops:
Thank you

I would recheck the wheels in case you have lost a weight. Seems most likely culprit and easiest cheapest to resolve.
Good luck
K ;)

Think you should check the tightness of the drive shaft nuts just incase they’ve loosened off a tadd
Thanks there have been a lot of very useful comments which i have written down and will give to the mechanic thanks again

wobble at that low a speed on that diameter a tyre is unlikely to be wheel balance . check that drive shaft end nut is tight !

My first thought would have been has something started to come loose because I had the wheel bearing changed
Well its wat i thought anyway

Last edited:
Silly question but, did they put the tyres on the right way round, as some modern tyres are directional.

Hi got 2.3 ducato had front wheel bearing and drive shaft fitted in uk alls well. Arrived in spain steering wheel wobbles between 30 40 mph had 2 front tyres fitted and balanced but problem persists any advice thanks in anticipation
Hi remove wheels and clean faces between wheel and hub and apply slight coating of grease

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back