Wrong sized spare wheel

Strollerbird

I have a spare wheel that is 235/65R16 and the tyres on my van are 235/75R16CP.
Will it work to get me to the nearest tyre repair place? The wheels are all 5 studs on a Fiat chassis

Will it work to get me to the nearest tyre repair place? The wheels are all 5 studs on a Fiat chassis
If its just the tyre section that is different it will do ok to get you to a repair place but as the rolling diameter will be slightly different you shouldnt leave it on too long.
K ;)

I have a 16 inch Maxi Chassis wheel which I might sell.
It is in as new condition, has been a spare kept in van garage and used on van for about 5 miles only.
No tyre included
Silver in colour
I would not accept less than £50 and buyer collects from very near to J15 on M6
PM if interested

edit
From memory, when I needed to buy similar in Portugal, a wheel cost me around £130 from main dealer
The maxi wheel is no good to as the wheel nuts centres are different to mine .

Isn't it the case that all post 06 (facelift year) models with 16" rims have a pcd of 5 x 130 while pre 06 16s have a pcd of 5 x 118? PCD should be stamped on the rim.

The tyre difference is nearly 2 " taller (Diameter) If used on front axle it could cause very strange handling and would affect braking and directional stability , not advisable and if used should be only at low speeds and for a short distance . JMHO

Note that for 16 inch rims the width of the hub is different, light is 71.1 and Maxi is 78.1 so they are not considered interchangeable according to tyreman.com.
K ;)

Last edited:
When I went from 15in steel wheels to 16in alloys the off set on the alloys made my tracking 3in wider.I guess it put more stress on my wheel bearings but they have been on since 2014 and not had a prob so far.

Have a look at 'Will They Fit' website and pop in your sizes in the ready reckoner. You'll get a surprise with the readings. And Vanterrier, you're right, there are 2 bore sizes from 2014 year models, although pcd remained the same.

When I went from 15in steel wheels to 16in alloys the off set on the alloys made my tracking 3in wider.I guess it put more stress on my wheel bearings but they have been on since 2014 and not had a prob so far.
It will knock the caster and trail out on steering geometry,very dangerous on front wheels.

Difference in height between the 2 profiles is 23.5mm - so says Will They Fit ready reckoner..................

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back