2010 Ducato roof mounts/fixings

Vanterrier

I want to fit a canopy to my van, just a lightweight tarp sheet, with two telescopic poles, around 3M square.
This is a fit when you get pitched job, not a permanent fixing.
Has anyone come up with a fixing that can clamp to the wee studs on the ducato roof to provide the van side mounting points for the canopy. I thought maybe a cam type clamp? I don't seem to be able to find anything on line...
Thanks for any ideas
K ;)

Now considering suction cups... can anyone say if they are good/strong enough?
K ;)

I started using suction cups for the awning on a caravan I owned many years ago.

They marked the sidewalls and damaged the graphics. I can't recommend them.

Ok, notwithstanding the warning Hurricanesmith made (see below), I have now bought everything I need for the princely sum of £36!
A pair of telescopic clothes props
A 3Mx2M sail with a D ring in each corner
A set of four suction fittings (I hope your bad experience was at least in part due to the skin of your caravan being aluminum not steel, and there are no graphics for me to damage on my van)
My family motto is "No expense spent, leave no corner uncut" as you may have guessed.
What kind of sold the suction cups to me in the end was the flexibility to move them to either side of the van and even to use the whole setup on the car on one of those picnic days out. I might even try it on the patio next to the conservatory at home...
I'll let you know how this works.
K ;)

Ok, notwithstanding the warning Hurricanesmith made (see below), I have now bought everything I need for the princely sum of £36!
..........................................I hope your bad experience was at least in part due to the skin of your caravan being aluminum not steel, and there are no graphics for me to damage on my van................................................
It was about 40 years ago, but I am fairly certain that you are right and that the skin of the caravan was aluminium. Well done you. (y)

Good luck with your hugely expensive build. :ROFLMAO:

Bits arrived today, 5 mins to put up and looks good as a sun shade ( no actual sunshine here today... :rolleyes: ) weighs next to nowt...
20220723_154000.jpg20220723_153921.jpg
Just need to trim those guide ropes, and ditch the temp rocks and replace with pegs.
K ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back