2013 Fiat Ducatto Airbag ECU Fault

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

Just before the New Year Meet at Hereford The Airbag warning light came on the dash board of my van , so I asked Phil if he could connect his ODB unit and reset the fault for me , unfortionally it was not a simple easy fix and Phil's unit said the fault was in the main airbag ECU unit and it was caused by the main battery dropping below 10.5 volts , therefore the ECU now needed replacing . the cheapest one I could find was £250 and it would probably need recoding to my vans system ( another £50 ) . I was told about a company in Liverpool that could repair the unit , so I got in touch and sure enough they could repair the unit for a price of £60 . I posted the unit and paid with Paypal , 3 days later I received the unit back and re installed it in my van and hey presto all is working fine . So a word of warning DO NOT LET YOUR CAB BATTERY DISCHARGE BELOW 10.5 VOLTS or you could end up with the same problem that I had . The company who repaired the unit was called CrashData https://www.crashdata.co.uk/default.asp just in case you do get the fault and need it repairing

Just before the New Year Meet at Hereford The Airbag warning light came on the dash board of my van , so I asked Phil if he could connect his ODB unit and reset the fault for me , unfortionally it was not a simple easy fix and Phil's unit said the fault was in the main airbag ECU unit and it was caused by the main battery dropping below 10.5 volts , therefore the ECU now needed replacing . the cheapest one I could find was £250 and it would probably need recoding to my vans system ( another £50 ) . I was told about a company in Liverpool that could repair the unit , so I got in touch and sure enough they could repair the unit for a price of £60 . I posted the unit and paid with Paypal , 3 days later I received the unit back and re installed it in my van and hey presto all is working fine . So a word of warning DO NOT LET YOUR CAB BATTERY DISCHARGE BELOW 10.5 VOLTS or you could end up with the same problem that I had . The company who repaired the unit was called CrashData https://www.crashdata.co.uk/default.asp just in case you do get the fault and need it repairing
Good post and recommendations .

How come your battery got so low Jeff, and have you "cooked" your battery.

It was my own fault Debs , my alarm and tracker are connected to the main battery and I normally charge every 2 weeks but I forgot to switch on the power when I connected the van to the EHU point on my house , I only found out when the alarm went off for no reason at all , and it never goes off for false alarms . Lesson now learned , I leave the socket live all the time now , and touch wood the battery seems fine

It was my own fault Debs , my alarm and tracker are connected to the main battery and I normally charge every 2 weeks but I forgot to switch on the power when I connected the van to the EHU point on my house , I only found out when the alarm went off for no reason at all , and it never goes off for false alarms . Lesson now learned , I leave the socket live all the time now , and touch wood the battery seems fine
Oops :unsure::)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back