3 Unlimited Data Sim only £6.67 per month!

I also have a 3 account and the data signal is rubbish almost everywhere, will be changing as soon as contract finishes.

thanks for the link phil but no roaming with 3 following the link led me to an EE version but unfortunately not such a good deal might still be worthwhile just doing the maths on 5 months abroad versus 7 at home 🤔

In the Amazon Prime Day deals you can get a 3 unlimited data SIM card for £159.99 that lasts for 24 months, that is only £6.67 per month!

Cracking deal but be fast as it is a Prime Day only deal!

I’m with 3 atm, have been using them for years however the customer service is crap. Won’t be renewing my contract.

What provider does everyone use? I currently have a BT Data only SIM in the motorhome, can't say it's been crap but also I have never tried any other providers so would be interested in changing if there is a better one.

Was with Vodafone for 32 years until I retired tied to 2years contract so went with Smarty monthly and Poppit find both of them ok

What provider does everyone use? I currently have a BT Data only SIM in the motorhome, can't say it's been crap but also I have never tried any other providers so would be interested in changing if there is a better one.
I use 3 in all phones, smarty (which is 3) for home broadband and EE (from Scancom) in the van. 3 works fine just about everywhere I have been for the last year or two, I now have EE to compare against as well

I use 3 in all phones, smarty (which is 3) for home broadband and EE (from Scancom) in the van. 3 works fine just about everywhere I have been for the last year or two, I now have EE to compare against as well
I use 3 in all phones too. Would be good to see if you prefer EE or 3 in the van as EE are part of the BT group so I’d imagine your EE and my BT would have the same signal

Smarty via three in my ZTE router at Hereford was rubbish, Smarty via three at Vlf Shrewsbury was even worse.
On the way up to Orkney last month it was very variable

On each occasion when I swapped it with my O2 sim, that’s usually in my phone. I had far better reception

I have unlimited 02 but stick with smarty simlpy because it’s payg so I just pay £10 occasionally for 60gb of data when having the phone and router working simultaneously might be useful, most months though I don’t get my £10 worth

Our usual routine is park up see if smarty is playing ball if not swap sims, very very occasionally there’s adequate signal but it is a rarity especially out in the sticks

I also have have an emergency free EE sim 2gb a month in my iPad just in case. Which they sent me when I had EE broadband several years ago and seemingly never cancelled!

I wish EE did a similar deal to Smarty!

We've used Smarty and Popit with varying success depending on location. Currently we are testing out IQ Go in the router which gives you 100gb for I month for £20 via EE with no throttling and no limits in the EU. The most recent test on Shell Island, IQ Go worked seamlessly allowing for streaming, no buffering. We tried Smarty in the same location .......... hopeless. Just ordered an IQ phone sim as cheaper than O2 so will see how that goes.

Currently in Scotland and finding it very difficult to get a decent data connection with Smarty in the router, not just lack of signal in some remote places but also distinct lack of bandwidth in some urban locations, to the extent that Location App will not load pins, let alone location data and Street View..

@Val54
Curious how does buying IQ go compare with a PAYG sim direct from EE?
Unless I misunderstand I can get buy 100Gb for £20 for a month direct and simply not renew until needed again same effectively as I do with Smarty.

So what is the benefit in paying a £20 subscription and then buying the data as required on top when its only data and not text or voice that's required?

Last edited:
@Val54
Unless I misunderstand I can get buy 100Gb for £20 for a month direct and simply not renew until needed again same effectively as I do with Smarty.

So what is the benefit in paying a £20 subscription and then buying the data as required on top when its only data and not text or voice that's required?

You can use the full 100gb in Europe.

@Val54

I use an EE data sim in the van and can send texts and voice over it no problem. Just connect to the router and enable wifi calling 👍

@nabsim, yep understood, I meant I actually don't hardly use or need voice and other than the endless stream of authentication codes for apps and web sites probably wouldn't need text capabilities either! I decided to detox from the wretched thing when I retired!
It has probably been the best side of two years since I last used my phone to actually make a call!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back