400W Spannungswandler for sale

wildebus

So now I got your attention wondering what the hell a Spannungswandler is and if you need one, read on :)

This is the Victron Phoenix 12/500 Inverter.
IMG_20181218_100010 by David, on Flickr

It is a Pure Sine Wave Inverter rated at 400W (or 500VA - hence the 12/500 spec) and is a superb piece of kit.
I used it to run my 230V Compressor Fridge but I have decided to get a Victron Multiplus Charger-Inverter as that talks to the Victron VRM setup. But if you don't have VRM then you really won't care about that!
So now having the Multiplus, I have no further requirement for the seperate Inverter (the surplus solo Charger will be handy though so keeping hold of that :) )

It is in virtually as-new condition, as you can see from the photos below
IMG_20181218_100031 by David, on Flickr

IMG_20181218_100044 by David, on Flickr

IMG_20181218_100101 by David, on Flickr
It is the SCHUKO socket model. I chose this version as it is shake-proof compared to the UK13A Socket and I will include a SCHUKO to 13A Adapter with the Inverter.

The only marks I can see on the inverter is on the mounting holes where the lugs have been marked by the fixing screws
IMG_20181218_100018 by David, on Flickr

The Inverter comes in the original packaging and box
IMG_20181218_114518 by David, on Flickr

IMG_20181218_114539 by David, on Flickr

I bought this inverter just over 13 months ago
Victron 12-500 Packing Note by David, on Flickr

This means that it still has 3 years 11 months of Manufacturers Warranty left, which is a great deal more than the typical warranty you might buy brand-new from Amazon, eBay or your local Shop on a non-Victron unit.
The best price I can find on-line for the 12/500 model is £150.
I am looking for just £105 plus postage for this excellent product

PS . Spannungswandler? It's German for Inverter ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, I already have one but can confirm that it is an excellent and well engineered bit of kit. I have added the bluetooth plug in module to my one so that I can turn it on and off with the phone app, which Is very convenient.

Sorry, I already have one but can confirm that it is an excellent and well engineered bit of kit. I have added the bluetooth plug in module to my one so that I can turn it on and off with the phone app, which Is very convenient.
On that subject, I should state that these do not come with the Bluetooth Dongle as standard (the box shows a smartphone but the text saying "Smart Dongle needed" is quite small).

I used the Bluetooth dongle initially as well and found it very useful as well :)

Thats right. to add a manual remote-on, you would add a switch and a pair on long wires from the remote terminals to the switch. Victron sell a remote kit that I think uses the VE Direct port, but all you need for a basic on-off override is a switch and wires.

If any wants this capability I will add in a switch and a pair of 5 metre cables into the kit FOC :)

The inverter is nice enough, although I was more interested in the Spannungswandler. I was hoping to start a breeding program. They are on the endangered species list. ?

Inverter is now reserved :)

Scottish Spannungswandlers however can be found in the Lammermuir Hills in the Borders this time of year, where they change (or 'invert') their colour from the Summertime Heather Red to Winter Teal

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back