666Wh Solar Portable Power Station Portable Generator Emergency Power Supply

Sounds like a Devill of a power station.

Seems like it would be good for anyone converting a van everything in one box and portable

A battery in a box but I am having trouble reconciling their
Battery Capacity: 666.6Wh/186200mAh”
These look like very different capacities to me and neither seems likely in a 5.3kg package, even allowing for lithium. Can someone put my mathematics right?

The nominal voltage of a Lithium ion cell is 3.58V.
The battery unit is supposedly rated at 186200 mAH, which is equivalent to 186.2 AH.
So to get the battery capacity in WH, multiply the cell voltage by capacity in AH.

I.e. 3.58V X 186.2AH = 666WH

I hope this helps.
(And please note that I'm certainly not endorsing this product, just trying to clarify the physics).

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

A battery in a box but I am having trouble reconciling their
Battery Capacity: 666.6Wh/186200mAh”
These look like very different capacities to me and neither seems likely in a 5.3kg package, even allowing for lithium. Can someone put my mathematics right?
Assuming the battery is 12volts, the normal conversion formula is (Wh)/(V) =(Ah) so, 666wh converts to 55.5ah.

Assuming the battery is 12volts, the normal conversion formula is (Wh)/(V) =(Ah) so, 666wh converts to 55.5ah.
Which answers my question of "how long will this run a typical 240v item" and at 55ah, not very long!!

I have always had an issue with the description of these items and sellers calling them generators. If anything, its the solar panel they're recommending you need to charge it that is the generator and this unit is purely a power storage unit.

Assuming it was advertised correctly, it's not a bad price, but how useful is a 500w 240v power supply that will probably only work for about 30 minutes, I'm not sure.

I like to tour on my motorbike and so I use one of those USB power banks. This is conveniently charged via a 12v socket on the bike as I ride and when I get to my destination I have a full power bank ready to charge up my gadgets. This same idea can be transferred to WildCamping. Charge up the power bank while driving or using solar in the day time, then plug your gadgets in to charge them during the night.

I’ve seen these advertised as generators, but it’s a battery with solar controller and inverter built in. The “generator” bit comes from the installation of a large solar panel ( 100w) that will take 10-15 hours to charge it up.
I think the descriptions are very misleading.
Probably ok for standby power if you fully charge it at home before you use it.
As our beloved leader, blessed be his name stated. A petrol generator does not generate petrol, So why should a solar powered generator be referred to as anything else.
A truck converter in the US is now fitting one of these as standard, in a simple build, instead of a 12 volt battery, wiring, sockets etc. Add in parts + labour, it obviously works for them.

As our beloved leader, blessed be his name stated. A petrol generator does not generate petrol, So why should a solar powered generator be referred to as anything else.
A truck converter in the US is now fitting one of these as standard, in a simple build, instead of a 12 volt battery, wiring, sockets etc. Add in parts + labour, it obviously works for them.
Quite right, but the OP’s link to the unit advertised it as a “Solar portable power station” which at a push, it probably is, but then says it’s a “portable generator”. Which it most definitely is not.
Pedantic? Probably, but why not advertise it as a “solar rechargeable power pack”. No confusion then.
I’ve also seen mains rechargeable power packs advertised as generators.

Does the package include the solar panel? Without it is neither a solar portable power station nor a generator. A shame because it looks like a neat portable power pack that is being submerged in misleading statements.

Does the package include the solar panel? Without it is neither a solar portable power station nor a generator. A shame because it looks like a neat portable power pack that is being submerged in misleading statements.
The one posted doesn't include solar panels. This one does but then the price goes up to £589.99.

Other than the portability it seems a bit of a faff on to me. There is perhaps an advantage in being able to optimally position the solar panel, but then it is only 100W so I would have thought even a modest roof mounted solar panel would perform better. For campervan/motorhome use I would have thought a permanently fitted roof mounted solar panel and suitable battery bank would work out better.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back