90 day rule

stevensmith91

Am I correct in thinking if I spend the whole of September in Europe and then return to the U.K. on the 30th of September
Then stay at home for 95 days and the leave for Spain on the 4th January 2022 and return on the 4th April which is 88 days that’s ok

yes you would be clear to go don’t forget the 90 day clock resets from your first day in the zone so in theory if you go the first of september you could go back 29th of november for a further 90 days

Easiest way to look at it is on any particular day look back 180 and as long as days spent in Europe dont add up to 90 you can stay.

If you spend 90 days in the EU and then 90 days back in the UK then you can return for another 90 at least that's the way i understand it
I struggle to get my head round this at times
so to keep it simple
It’s 90 days max in the Eu and as long as I return home for 90 days or more within the U.K.
I’m good to go again

yes you would be clear to go don’t forget the 90 day clock resets from your first day in the zone so in theory if you go the first of september you could go back 29th of november for a further 90 days
It's the 180 day clock you need to worry about. Nothing "resets", you just count total days in the EU within a rolling 180 days.

It's the 180 day clock you need to worry about. Nothing "resets", you just count total days in the EU within a rolling 180 days.
It was actually another 60 days from 29th Nov.

@stevensmith91 Nor is it necessary to stay 90 days in UK, (depending on how long you've been there and how many days you intend to go for) other than to keep it simple, because it's a rolling 180 days as per @TJBi.

It's a good idea to use the calculator as @Jenrai quoted. You can add in all your actual and proposed dates to get it right.

Last edited:
Do as Jenrai said: the calculator works a treat: just keep plugging in your dates, and it tells you where you stand. You'll need avery good excuse to overstay the 90.

So what would happen, if you was over your 90 days.
THIS

What happens if I overstay?​

Those overstaying the 90/180 days rule of entry will be deported from the EU, fined, and may even be banned from entering the Union for a specific period of time.

Lots of easy ways to do this full time. Andorra isn’t Schengen , neither is Ireland, IOM, Channel Islands or Romania , Bulgaria etc. Bulgaria’s a all time fav and it’s cheap, Bansko, Sozopol, Romania; Sibiu , Brasov, Constanta. You can legally do say 3 months in Europe then 3 in one of the above and your 90 resets. Croatia is also a favorite, try “Split”.

Campercontact have a good app, and it’s free for the basic app showing lots of good sites.

I’m still in limbo if to do “Bansko, Bulgaria” or “Le Chable, Switzerland” myself as soon as my check engine lights out :)

Lots of easy ways to do this full time. Andorra isn’t Schengen , neither is Ireland, IOM, Channel Islands or Romania , Bulgaria etc. Bulgaria’s a all time fav and it’s cheap, Bansko, Sozopol, Romania; Sibiu , Brasov, Constanta. You can legally do say 3 months in Europe then 3 in one of the above and your 90 resets. Croatia is also a favorite, try “Split”.

Campercontact have a good app, and it’s free for the basic app showing lots of good sites.

I’m still in limbo if to do “Bansko, Bulgaria” or “Le Chable, Switzerland” myself as soon as my check engine lights out :)
I was under the impression that Countries that are landlocked have to agree to Schengen rules otherwise they have only one way out by plane
San Marino , Vatican Andorra etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back