A class motorhomes insurance

Wrighpm

I am replacing the excellent coach built Euramobil that was stolen 3 weeks ago. Can anyone give me any idea if a £30000 A class Burstner would be dearer to insure than a Coach built of same value ? We kind of fancy an A class for a change. Just a general response if anyone has a feel for this?

I don't think the insurers would treat them differently as it is the replacement value that largely dictates the premium. That said, the A class will be loaded in some way to deal with the extra costs involved in replacing the larger windscreens. Insurers vary in terms of whether they front load the premium or just insist on a high voluntary windscreen excess.

I just got my fully comp renewal for my Chausson motorhome from Saga - £491 with £500 excess. Axa via Caravan and Motorhome Club (member) same cover, protected ncb etc £195. Worth shopping about.

My A class Hymer was no dearer to insure than the Autosleeper Palermo it replaced, last year with Saga £312 with extra personal cover, hit a deer in Germany in January and the claim was over £3000 so I was expecting a hike, they have just sent the renewal at £336 so extremely pleased, no doubt they would lower it if I argue and threaten to leave but they were excellent with the claim so deserve my custom

Not sure they even ask whether it is A Class or Coach Built. Value and storage location seem to be the principal factors.

I discovered a few days ago that NFU have changed their policy on higher value motorhomes and cars. No longer accepting new business for over £75,000 vehicles. Existing customers can get insurance above this level but may be referred to the underwriter.

Last edited:
Definitely on the value of vehicle. We found some insurers wouldn’t insure high-value vehicles. But that was when our motorhome was new.

Just be thankful you're not considered a dirty scummy foreigner and charged £1000 for it like me! Australian, no UK licence.

Just be thankful you're not considered a dirty scummy foreigner and charged £1000 for it like me! Australian, no UK licence.
I got the same treatment when I lived in Florida, even with a Florida licence (or license ;)).

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back