A message from Geeky Philip

Geeky Philip

Administator

Hello,

I am not an expert in the coronavirus or any of the issues surrounding it. This is why I am not offering anyone advice on the subject. There is lots of official information available to everyone and I would just be repeating it.

This is a community of mature adults who have the same access to the same advice that everyone else does. If someone posts an opinion that goes against the government's advice I am not going to censor it. I think it is better that we debate these issues in a mature and adult way. This way we can open up the subjects and discuss them fully. People will be able to learn from the progress of the debate. Censoring an opinion just hides it and leaves the original poster frustrated.

Although this website has a theme of Motorhoming it is also a well-established community. I would not suggest that anyone undertakes any un-necessary travel, but I would suggest that we rally together as a community on this forum and support our community. As people self-isolate over the coming months they are going to need a place that they can come and exercise their minds. What we need is members to post content for others to read and enjoy, we need to reply to this content and continue the conversation.

Ask not what your community can do for you, ask what you can do for your community.

Phil

debs

This morning I went to Asda for shopping, even though I was dreading it. The hour set for pensioners was 8 till 9 so I got there for 8.00am. Nobody was there to ensure that this was observed and there were quite a few younger people in there. I am not complaining, just observing, and when I exited the store, a youngish mum came in with her very young infant, she must have had her reasons, but it made me wonder. So hopefully I will not need to shop for another four weeks, I may lose a little weight, but that's alright. Stay safe everyone and keep your distance!

nickvanbitz

These are uncertain times for us all and we all need to be safe.
We have also made the decision to close doors from Tomorrow (until after Easter) and our campsite has been closed since Friday of last week as we have already been threatened by Travellers wanting to force their way onto the site, so we made the choice to lock the site down.
We feel it is the best thing to do for both our safety of us and our customers, as with the conformed cases matching Italy, measures must be taken to do our part in isolating against this virus.

To all you members, I wish you all the best and hope to see you all on the other side of this. I will certainly be playing my part in supporting the forum, as we will all need each other's ear from time to time i'm sure.

Last edited:

2cv

Today I’ve been watching the debate in parliament. In the current crisis it has been amazing to see the way that politicians of all sides have engaged in adult debate with respect for each others views. As we all know it’s not always the case in that chamber.
In here it is normal to have respect of others views meaning that views can be posted freely. Just hoping that during the coming months where this will be a great resource for us all this can continue. We are all in this for a long haul.

maingate

Today I’ve been watching the debate in parliament. In the current crisis it has been amazing to see the way that politicians of all sides have engaged in adult debate with respect for each others views. As we all know it’s not always the case in that chamber.
In here it is normal to have respect of others views meaning that views can be posted freely. Just hoping that during the coming months where this will be a great resource for us all this can continue. We are all in this for a long haul.
Sorry but no.

None of us are going anywhere. :D

Wooie1958

This morning I went to Asda for shopping, even though I was dreading it. The hour set for pensioners was 8 till 9 so I got there for 8.00am. Nobody was there to ensure that this was observed and there were quite a few younger people in there. I am not complaining, just observing, and when I exited the store, a youngish mum came in with her very young infant, she must have had her reasons, but it made me wonder. So hopefully I will not need to shop for another four weeks, I may lose a little weight, but that's alright. Stay safe everyone and keep your distance!

Young woman over the road works at a local hospital, she`s not " front line staff " so she doesn`t wear a uniform however ...........................

She has a vitally important job behind the scenes and is now working 7 X 12 hours days for one of the top consultants there.

Yesterday she was physically and verbally abused when she went to the supermarket and tried to get in during the restricted hours.

At this stage i`m not saying which one for obvious reasons, security was nowhere to be seen and people didn`t believe her NHS security pass,

Her boss went ballistic when he found out and has now taken it up with the supermarket concerned.

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

Took Roxy for a walk earlier we put our rubber gloves on and mask , people was looking at us and laughing , when we went through the local park kids was on the swings and parents and friends sat down on the benches next to each other chatting away as if they did not have a care in the world , what is it with the British , so ignorant and selfish , I am now starting to realise why a lot of the europeans dont like us , it is time for our people to change and realise we are all children of the world and need to change their outlook on life as a british citizen

2cv

Took Roxy for a walk earlier we put our rubber gloves on and mask , people was looking at us and laughing , when we went through the local park kids was on the swings and parents and friends sat down on the benches next to each other chatting away as if they did not have a care in the world , what is it with the British , so ignorant and selfish , I am now starting to realise why a lot of the europeans dont like us , it is time for our people to change and realise we are all children of the world and need to change their outlook on life as a british citizen
In a couple of weeks those kids and parents will have spread the virus to any vulnerable members of their family. Unfortunately then they will have something to care about.

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

In a couple of weeks those kids and parents will have spread the virus to any vulnerable members of their family. Unfortunately then they will have something to care about.
It would be very sad , and it could have been prevented very easy just by following government rules , it really does get me angry and ashamed to be British

wildebus

I was out and about a bit today (had to take car for MOT & Service, and thought whilst I had to be out may as well get provisions so do everything in one hit rather than go out again later this week).
I found people being very sensible and taking precautions over and above what I would have expected to see.
In the garage, you left the car keys in a bowl and stepped away. The service guy then came over with a disinfected cloth to pick them up with and wiped them before touching them.
Went to Morrisons whilst I was waiting and that was very quiet, plenty of food (though no loo roll oddly it seems) and everyone keeping their distance.
Queue for Boots the Chemist when I went past was very long due to each person keeping around 6 foot from the one in front.
On the streets didn't see any large groups of people. Maximum together I saw was 2 humans + 1 dog.

Maybe people in my area know how to follow rules or are just brighter and understand the consequences?!

Allen

Strange..I can't see it. All I see is a square with a question mark inside.
Obviously something at my end then.
Off to investigate.

P.s. I can see it on the wildcamping site. Great idea!
Apparently not at my end then.
All cookies and viewing history cleared....still can't see it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:220)

saxonborg, Campervanannie, Stevie, Ardachaidh, St3v3, Linda, mr brown, Alf, andysm, trevskoda, Veloman, The laird, silverweed, Old Man Down, Forresbroons, Greengrass, Tezza33, pondhoppers, Pauljenny, HurricaneSmith, Wully, Exwindsurfer, xsilvergs, Silver sprinter, isnbill, Val54, witzend, Jenrai, Telstar, yorkslass, Bounce, wildebus, peejay, Allen, Lee, ploppy, StreetSleeper, paulhelenwilko, 2cv, Kyran, Ellendale, Stonedaddy, Jeanette, clarkpeacock, frankii, katv, Edina, andromeda, AdriaTwin, Full Member, Chip, Chrisb1701, Trotter, Hania, nutts, Cookies, number14, Benylin, Fifer, debs, moonshadow, motoroamer, BOTCANU, ramblefrog, Ian1950, jagmanx, bmc, alwaysared, jason9876, WingNut, vtwinner, Tribute11, Nomad, davidb, Kenno, jeffmossy, Trek, runnach, Chris Evans001, tapfitter, nickvanbitz, mossypossy, Dulvil, WildThingsKev, andyjanet, Wooie1958, britcoms, TeamRienza, Rec, Carrotts, maingate, Minisorella, SimonM, Aly1, rivabill, shabbins, Ezzo York, tompa, Bandit, Caz, UFO, tonybvi, mistericeman, Bobtaylor, maxsdad, Julesanian, TissyD, Kennyb, timatabsa, Jackslad, Martin P, marymary, CherryPirate, cowanhouse, sydnsue, Clunegapyears, CavityandLacey, Silver Camper, Northumborman, Tuppence, Sherry, in h, Dex, LANDS43, Amudle, Biggarmac, norman64, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, Carrerasax, Matchlock, Forcesixwindy, dickydo, Obanboy666, Winks, juliet, Diddlydun, linkshouse, eurajohn, Fiona68, sunrisemac, Molly 3, Jpdlin, Barge1914, PeteS, Gav, neckender, royh28, nabsim, FERENZA, Thehawk, mendit, tripper, Rapido9, Johndavies, gadabout, 47643, mariesnowgoose, Stoneyphil, Iandsm, Bigshug, Nosmo king, Undertaker, flying kipper, Reiverlad, plasticflower, channa, roadroamer, rabW, beerollmandy, Ruth and rob, forthpilot, GMJ, Peter51, feeandal, El radge, MOJO, Cie, Vanterrier, s4x4c, saxonrosie, Topmast, bjh, rustydog, Colinsmiff, barryno1, THE COLLIES, Rover, Adriandp, Rong, Salvage1, PB2020, Alan01704, Annabella, van Rix, wildbill, eddie8856, 2vans, Wilfee, swift64, HRC, Adrianne, Denmar, kevlakes, Clewsy, landie50, Slider, Patp, Ken Parsons, Wighttyne, joncaton, HermanHymer, Curly, parkypam, ton27, RoadTrek Boy, Elfish, Yorkscol, janj, andyfm, Val,