A place to visit!

Can I harass you with a new place? This is located on Sweden's most southern coast. The village is called Kåseberga and there is motorhome parking there which the local table tennis club is responsible for. There is some service, shower, toilet and some places with electricity. No latrine emptying unfortunately. It is a walk from the car park to Ale Stones. There are divided opinions about the purpose of the stones.
IMG_2504.JPGScreenshot_20210227-095045-01.jpegIMG_0086.JPGIMG_0085.JPGIMG_0083.JPG

Can I harass you with a new place? This is located on Sweden's most southern coast. The village is called Kåseberga and there is motorhome parking there which the local table tennis club is responsible for. There is some service, shower, toilet and some places with electricity. No latrine emptying unfortunately. It is a walk from the car park to Ale Stones. There are divided opinions about the purpose of the stones.
View attachment 58578View attachment 58579View attachment 58580View attachment 58581View attachment 58582
I can’t speak for other members, but please don’t think that you’re harassing anyone.
Continue sending the information as often as you like.

Note to others. It would be useful if other people from abroad with knowledge of continental travel put their recommendations on here. Possibly a dedicated forum?

Last edited:
View attachment 58578View attachment 58579View attachment 58580View attachment 58581View attachment 58582

Looks great

Dare I ask if it is where thy invented "cheeseburgers" perhaps not !

Looks great

Dare I ask if it is where thy invented "cheeseburgers" perhaps not !
Well, cheesburgers are not an invention in Kåseberga and the Vikings who placed the stones also had no idea about this American delicacy. The Vikings were more into wild boar and moose meat. Maybe with a cup of mead, the local beer made from barley and honey.

Well, cheesburgers are not an invention in Kåseberga and the Vikings who placed the stones also had no idea about this American delicacy. The Vikings were more into wild boar and moose meat. Maybe with a cup of mead, the local beer made from barley and honey.
Ok I will settle for reindeer burger and varmt polser.😂

Thank you for your support, here is another place from Öland on Sweden's east coast. The place is locally called Nunnedalen but on the map it is called Resmobacken. There is no service other than a garbage bin. In the spring, blue anemones, white anemones and other spring flowers bloom. You can listen to the nightingale and enjoy the view. An old windmill is also there. It is about wildcampin here.
Screenshot_20210227-094959-01.jpegIMG_2525.JPGBlåsippa 9 april Öland-001.jpgNunnedalen 3.JPG

Thank you for your support, here is another place from Öland on Sweden's east coast. The place is locally called Nunnedalen but on the map it is called Resmobacken. There is no service other than a garbage bin. In the spring, blue anemones, white anemones and other spring flowers bloom. You can listen to the nightingale and enjoy the view. An old windmill is also there. It is about wildcampin here.
View attachment 58619View attachment 58620View attachment 58621View attachment 58622
Thanks for posting. Keep them coming. 👏

I know that those who visit Sweden / Scandinavia absolutely want as far north as possible. Sweden is a long country from south to north and it is easy to miss pearls when driving kilometer after kilometer. One such place is Storforsen near Älvsbyn. There is a campsite near Storforsen but it is expensive, tourist trap? You can stand in Älvsbyn in a parking lot. In Älvsbyn there is also a latrine emptying, good to know. Another alternative is to stand overnight in a parking lot at Fällfors, also a beautiful place but not as big as Storforsen. The picture below is of me and my children about 50 years ago. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storforsen
Scan-120325-005-01.jpegScreenshot_20210303-123852-01.jpegScreenshot_20210303-123829-01.jpegScreenshot_20210303-124327-01.jpeg

Americans in Sweden to search for their roots. The great Swedish adventure.

Last edited:
Now we are at the final. 3 places. Brösarps Backar a rest area with beautiful nature and some service. toilet, latrine emptying, garbage cans and rest area furniture. A good place to visit before and after the ferry. Wildcamping.
Screenshot_20210302-145057-01.jpeg

IMG_2549.JPGIMG_2550.JPG

Sumpafallen a nature reserve in beautiful nature with a rolling stream in a deep ravine. Limited service, dry toilet, garbage cans, and a barbecue area with barbecue grill and a wood storage. WildcampingScreenshot_20210302-174003-01.jpegIMG_2319.JPGIMG_2332.JPG

Sala old silver mine. A place that most tourists miss. You can spend the night in the parking lot. Service, toilet.
Sala 5.jpg

I know that those who visit Sweden / Scandinavia absolutely want as far north as possible. Sweden is a long country from south to north and it is easy to miss pearls when driving kilometer after kilometer. One such place is Storforsen near Älvsbyn. There is a campsite near Storforsen but it is expensive, tourist trap? You can stand in Älvsbyn in a parking lot. In Älvsbyn there is also a latrine emptying, good to know. Another alternative is to stand overnight in a parking lot at Fällfors, also a beautiful place but not as big as Storforsen. The picture below is of me and my children about 50 years ago. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storforsen
View attachment 58634View attachment 58637View attachment 58638View attachment 58639

Americans in Sweden to search for their roots. The great Swedish adventure.
Thanks that looks amazing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back