A property/business with proven sales in the North Dordogne that is truly excellent!!

Millie Master

From the very outset I feel I ought to explain that I have absolutely no interest in the following property, however as my most beloved and I were the ones who made it into the extra special caravan site that it is when we converted it back in 2004/5, we do know what a very special place it is!

Manzac Ferme, close to the town of Nontron in the North Dordogne has built up an exceptional reputation over the years and has a multitude of reviews on the likes of ukcampsites etc..................... https://www.manzac-ferme.com/

As far as I am concerned at just €349,000 it is an absolute bargain and the asking price doesn't even begin to reflect the very significant levels of work put into it by the previous 2 owners, let alone us! It all goes to show how the French market is like these days as we sold it in 2007 for €399,000.

We have stopped there since leaving and always love the atmosphere of what isn't normally considered a touristy part of the Dordogne.

Nontron is a nice town and as for Piegut Pluviers, the Wednesday farmers market has to be one of the best in France!

I have only put this up just in case anyone might be interested in buying a ready made beautiful home and a business capable of a decent return that already has all the hard work done.

Oh and just in case you didn't know, the French property sales market is an absolute con and it is the BUYER who always pays the exorbitant immobilliers (estate agency) fees, so if anyone does have any interest in this property, if you want to save yourself a tidy fortune then the way to do it is to approach the sellers George and Margaret directly via the website............. and I mean a saving of something like €17,500!!!

Last edited:
But...
Not for us, Chum.
Why did you, and the following owners, decide to sell this gold mine on.?!
Good luck to them .
Optimists win, more often than pessimists...
Or is that the other way round..?

Why did you, and the following owners, decide to sell this gold mine on.?!

Good question.

After only 2 years trading despite loving Manzac, we wanted to have far more land so that we could rescue horses for Phoenix Rescue which saw us move approx. 50 miles South to just the other side of Montignac where we bought a farm which eventually became La Tournerie Camping a la Ferme as well as a safe loving home to quite a large number of previously sadly neglected and generally abused horses.

The people we sold Manzac to also only stopped there for 2 possibly 3 years before the man and his aged mother decided they didn't like living in France (much to the annoyance of his wife) and sold up, handing the keys over to George and Margaret who have loved living there, but now, as neither of them are in their first flushes of youth they have decided to retire.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back