A Romantic Date

Pauljenny

A Romantic Date

[h=2][/h]
A man and a woman were having a quiet, romantic dinner in a fine restaurant. They were gazing lovingly at each other and holding hands.

The waitress, taking another order at a table a few steps away, suddenly noticed the woman slowly sliding down her chair, under the table and under the table cloth but the man stared straight ahead.

The waitress watched as the woman slid all the way down her chair and totally out of sight under the tablecloth. Still, the man stared straight ahead.

The waitress, thinking this behavior a bit risqué and worried that it might offend other diners, went over to the table and tactfully began by saying to the man, "Pardon me sir, but I think your wife just slid under the table."

The man calmly looked up at her and said, "No, unfortunately she just walked in."​

Wife: "How would you describe me?"
Husband: "ABCDEFGHIJK."
Wife: "What does that mean?"
Husband: "Adorable, beautiful, cute, delightful, elegant, fashionable, gorgeous, and hot."
Wife: "Aw, thank you, but what about IJK?"
Husband: "I'm just kidding!"

Pauljenny;n19302 said:
[h=2][/h]
A man and a woman were having a quiet, romantic dinner in a fine restaurant. They were gazing lovingly at each other and holding hands.
The waitress, taking another order at a table a few steps away, suddenly noticed the woman slowly sliding down her chair, under the table and under the table cloth but the man stared straight ahead.
The waitress watched as the woman slid all the way down her chair and totally out of sight under the tablecloth. Still, the man stared straight ahead.
The waitress, thinking this behavior a bit risqué and worried that it might offend other diners, went over to the table and tactfully began by saying to the man, "Pardon me sir, but I think your wife just slid under the table."
The man calmly looked up at her and said, "No, unfortunately she just walked in."​

This reminds me of a true story about me and a lady named Sandra who was a close friend of my wife and I

Sandy (nobody called her Sandra) and her husband, Richard, had just split up less than a month after their first child was born.
Richard had moved in with his bit on the side and Sandy was looking after the new baby by herself.

My wife had taken our kids to her parents (they lived at the sea side) for a week whilst I stayed at home and went to work.
During our nightly phone call she suggested that I take Sandy out because she was probably going stir crazy.

I called Sandy and we agreed to go out for a drink and a pint.
Sandy got a neighbour to baby sit, and said she would drive because she was not drinking because of the new baby.

We decided not to go to our local because both couples where regulars and everyone knew about her situation and that my wife was away for a week.

We drove to a lovely little country pub and settled down.
The waitress showed us to a table for two, and put a small vase of flowers and a candle on it.
We had both scrubbed up well and were wearing our posh clothes.
My steak was brilliant and so was her vegetarian whatever.
We talked about nothing and laughed as only old friends can.
Sandy didn't mention Richard and as far as I could tell she was relaxing and her problems had temporarily gone away.
We were both having a wonderful time.

It was at that point that the darts team from our local arrived for an away match.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back