A Special Place ...

marchie

Elaine took the attached photo today, saying that it was a special Ferreteria, and that I could spend as long as I liked (sourcing an equivalent rubber cover for her bike back wheel to replace the one she lost ...), because next door was a Cafe/Bar ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve 20240201_160240.jpg

You had to be there David!🥺
I was!

And more to the point, I have forgotten how many times I have nearly fallen over in Steve's van when carrying something!

He is like a magnet for disaster, that man! Ask him about the time a small bird flew into his Motorhome when on my driveway. And then a few minutes later a hawk flew in looking for it!
Talk about the woman who swallowed a spider! :D

I've a neighbour like that. He over complicates everything. His wife said he had a blunder syndrome.

I remember the time that we agreed I would drive them both to a very early morning rendezvous, only to be phoned at crack of sparrows to tell me he'd got the time wrong and ask if I could drive them even earlier. Of course I could. 😳

Arrived at the designated meeting point to find no-one else there. He had forgotten his hugely complicated pack of info, with no way of contacting the meet-up team to find what he'd done wrong and agree another meet up.

Following the tears from his wife , I decided to drive them to Dover in order to meet the others. Arrived, kicked them out, drove away, and found he'd dropped his typed list of every card number and password he ever needed on the floor of my car. Sent a text message telling him what he'd done, and not to worry.

Should I have emptied every account they ever had ? 😳

We remain friends.

I was!

And more to the point, I have forgotten how many times I have nearly fallen over in Steve's van when carrying something!

He is like a magnet for disaster, that man! Ask him about the time a small bird flew into his Motorhome when on my driveway. And then a few minutes later a hawk flew in looking for it!
Talk about the woman who swallowed a spider! :D
Well ... In the photo is Elaine's bike (with the First Aid kit on the rear rack). I speak no Spanish, so wheeled my bike into the (crowded floorspace) shop so that I could point to the required part, parking it next to a wheelbarrow that was full of garden canes and odds 'n' ends. Whilst I was miming and pointing to the Assistant, a Supplier pushed an overloaded (height) sack trolley into the Shop. He wasn't paying attention, looking across to the Boss, and shouting a ribald greeting ...

Too late, he saw my bike, tried to take evasive action, failed, and knock the wheelbarrow over, canes everywhere, plus the top couple of boxes from the trolley and my bike being pushed along the floor, thanks to the angled rear stand keeping it upright'ish. Nobody batted an eyelid, just set about gathering up the canes and boxes, leaving me to deal with the bike, and the Supplier and Boss made sure the Delivery Note was safe

I paid cash for my €1 euro purchase of the rubber protector and a spare, and exited stage left ... Honest 👍

Steve

Can you buy Ferrets there then?🤔
Probably, Eric. It was like Arkwright's Store from Open All Hours, with all manners of things from Washing Powder to replacement mattock blades and onto Stihl Chainsaws via lots of little boxes of washers, nuts and bolts that could be bought singly. Could have spent days ferreting about and listening to the locals. Fascinating, and to emerge with 2 rubber protectors for the bikes for €1 cash (I only had a €20 note ...) was the icing on the cake (y)

Steve

Probably, Eric. It was like Arkwright's Store from Open All Hours, with all manners of things from Washing Powder to replacement mattock blades and onto Stihl Chainsaws via lots of little boxes of washers, nuts and bolts that could be bought singly. Could have spent days ferreting about and listening to the locals. Fascinating, and to emerge with 2 rubber protectors for the bikes for €1 cash (I only had a €20 note ...) was the icing on the cake (y)

Steve
Those type of stores are great, when we moved to the Leyland area there was a similar store on the main street that sold all manner of things including paraffin from a big dispenser.

When I spotted the sign I thought you had gone for a chainsaw. Thought it would be a bad move for you lol. You thought of a change of screen name to Basil Faulty? 😂😂😂

Steve

I bet you were tempted to launch into the "Four Candles" routine? :D

couple of years back lees shower screen was disintegrating he needed a right angle internal support after an age trying to translate hit on the idea went on the wilko site found the right bkt screenshot the page and just showed that easy peasy ! the length of screw however ?

couple of years back lees shower screen was disintegrating he needed a right angle internal support after an age trying to translate hit on the idea went on the wilko site found the right bkt screenshot the page and just showed that easy peasy ! the length of screw however ?
Not so easy, Ken, when the part we want is for a ebike ... But the Assistant did us proud with a size 16 rubber footstool cover that could be stretched to the required 20mm 'ish diameter. €1 for 2, including fitting ... 👍

Steve

Elaine took the attached photo today, saying that it was a special Ferreteria, and that I could spend as long as I liked (sourcing an equivalent rubber cover for her bike back wheel to replace the one she lost ...), because next door was a Cafe/Bar ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
I've been trying to work this out.

Isn't the "rubber cover for her bike back wheel" a tyre???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back