ACSI - it's that time of year again!

GMJ

Hi

Could any of you folks who have ordered their ACSI pack please post on here when it arrives?

Thanks

Graham :)

What’s the advantage of this, when Europe is full of Aires.
Serious question. Honest. 😏
Edit. Camp sites for extended stays ?

Exactly . Save a lorra lorra money in Sept & Oct in Spain.
For me
Spain = February.
September, October = Poland or Croatia, this year any way. I’ll stick with the Aires books. Each to their own 🧐

ACSI is a no brainer for us.

We want to spend 2 weeks at a time near a beach without moving our MH. Sites we choose all have bus/train stops nearby and a supermarket too. We explore when en route but when on our main sites we use local transport or maybe even hire a car.

We do use the odd aire but prefer campsites where I can use the facilities, dump grey water, take on fresh water, empty the cassette, have EHU with a booked pitch and not have to worry about where we will be staying that night nor indeed if we will be safe. No problems thinking about what time we need to get to site either in case they are full up.

Mrs GMJ has MS so its one less thing for her to worry/think about tbh...

Agreed, for most but some folks like the full camps from time to time..and why not. For us have joined before and again last year but never used !
So cancelled.
PS we rarely stay anywhere for more that 2 or 3 nights !

I had an ACSI for our last 2 year's trips 2-3 winter months in Spain, and stayed in their sites1-2nights a week, otherwise prk4night etc. The 1st year I used thold one all thru January, 2nd year had it posted out to me at a favourite site. This year I haven't renewed, cos we're not travelling with the moho until Easter and I noticed the sites selling the books, and presumably cards, in English, from mid January, so will buy it there if we do that again.

I understand now what the card is for . Not for me atm. But never say never 🤭

In April on a site at Maribor, Slovenia the person in front of me paid €42 for his family. I paid €21 which is what he would have paid if he had ACSI. Not many nights on sites,
where wilding is not allowed, pays for the books and card.

Another vote for the bowstring thingy. We carry ACSI books and apps, various aires books and apps, France Passion stuff, Camping Carparks card and would still have Camping Checques if it still existed. How we want to camp changes day by day so we like to cover all the options. For the price of the ACSI stuff ................

We only brought it once many years ago.
Once we found the many aires and wilding stops . Have never needed it .

For around 15 quid its a no brainer really...

My books and card arrived this morning.:D

Perfect timing as Im just putting together our itinerary for January

And ours. I have occupied most of my daughter’s hand luggage space for when she flies to Crete to see us on the 11th December. She might be able to squeeze the card in but not the books! Will pick those up in March when I fly home.

Where do I start? The price of sites doesn't bother us. The state of some Aires does. We turned up to one a few years ago to find a "likely" lad defecating in one of the large waste bins. We moved on. Two years ago we went to look at a couple north of Malaga. Both were jammed with people who sit about doing nothing but drinking and smoking so we moved on. Yes, I know they're not all like that and we've stopped in some that are fine for a few nights if there's no convenient campsite. But we like EHU, we walk or cycle every day and so we like a nice hot shower every night. We like a restaurant on site. We like water "on tap". We like some security. We like to be in the mountains where there are fewer aires and where it can be cold and sometimes wet so to come back to a nice warm shower (again) in rural sites that are often deserted in winter and not full of British or other layabouts is what we enjoy. We stay in one place for 2 weeks at most, often less, and then move on.

Many enjoy Aires, for whatever reason, and good luck to them. Many enjoy crowded coastal sites, which is fine if that's what they like - and it means the quiet sites we like, remain quiet - at least in winter.

Last trip - 3 months - we spent €1400 on sites or about €16 per night, about the same total we spent on food & drink. So I suppose instead of staying on aires to get the cost down, we could cut out the food & drink.

Where do I start? The price of sites doesn't bother us. The state of some Aires does. We turned up to one a few years ago to find a "likely" lad defecating in one of the large waste bins. We moved on. Two years ago we went to look at a couple north of Malaga. Both were jammed with people who sit about doing nothing but drinking and smoking so we moved on. Yes, I know they're not all like that and we've stopped in some that are fine for a few nights if there's no convenient campsite. But we like EHU, we walk or cycle every day and so we like a nice hot shower every night. We like a restaurant on site. We like water "on tap". We like some security. We like to be in the mountains where there are fewer aires and where it can be cold and sometimes wet so to come back to a nice warm shower (again) in rural sites that are often deserted in winter and not full of British or other layabouts is what we enjoy. We stay in one place for 2 weeks at most, often less, and then move on.

Many enjoy Aires, for whatever reason, and good luck to them. Many enjoy crowded coastal sites, which is fine if that's what they like - and it means the quiet sites we like, remain quiet - at least in winter.

Last trip - 3 months - we spent €1400 on sites or about €16 per night, about the same total we spent on food & drink. So I suppose instead of staying on aires to get the cost down, we could cut out the food & drink.
I’m happy that you enjoy your travels. And how you spend your time and money. I do know that if I spent a similar amount, my travel savings would not last the 10 years I’ve planned.
As most things, it’s horses for courses. I’m not embarrassed to splash the cash. During my 3 month euro tour, my camp site expenses exceeded €52 🙄

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back