Acsi

The laird

Rally Organiser

Next year on our travels was thinking about the acsi book / card again ,is it still as good value? Would you get it again ? Just looking for advice etc!
we will be there around June

I used it for 2 winters in Spain, but as the new card was sent to my home address in December, was difficult to renew, although most campsites were kind and let us use the old card. Next time I'll just buy or renew a membership there.

Will June still be classed as out of season ? as ACSI discounts are for out of season

The season definition is variable years ago when I was relatively young & innocent tried a campsite in January in south of Spain only to find it was their high season lol got to say if it fits in your plans it's great we got a site end of august in southern France classed as low season but have had sites in both ital & France allocate their rubbish pitches as acsi ones

Will June still be classed as out of season ? as ACSI discounts are for out of season
Each site has a list of when the discounts apply for them. Not all sites are the same in a country. We got great discounts Nov-Feb in Andalucia, usually €16-19 per night 2017-2019.

I pay for Acsi by a recurring subscription, it is cheaper and no need to pre-order, I also get the Club ID the same which is useful

We've been talking to one of our favourite french campsites and they would give us acsi rates again for next June, can't remember the exact discount but I think it works out at around 5 euros a night.
Depends to some degree where and when you go and whether you want electricity. We had ACSI for many years, but only made occasional use as we mostly use aires. In some countries such as Austria and Croatia where there are fewer aires we found if you don’t want electricity, and by the time they’ve added on all those local taxes that ACSI doesn’t include then the campsites normal off season rate is often cheaper.

Were were in France for almost three months. Didn't visit a single paid-for campsite. Aires everywhere.
The problem with Asci is that you may have to book two or three nights at one place. Fine if that's what you want.

Were were in France for almost three months. Didn't visit a single paid-for campsite. Aires everywhere.
The problem with Asci is that you may have to book two or three nights at one place. Fine if that's what you want.
Possibly so in high season, but haven't had that issue at other times ....

Possibly so in high season, but haven't had that issue at other times ....
Neither have I, a campsite near St Tropez actually told me he could lower the price from Acsi because we were a motorhome and not a caravan, he said their normal price was lower for a motorhome, he did say he wouldn't have done this without the Acsi card

Been using ACSI for years. Never had to book ahead other than the Guines site in late June but that was prbably unnecessary even then. We go over mostly in May, June and September. We use a mix of ACSI sites, aires, France Passion and Camping Carparks as the mood takes us. We just turn up at any of them and use them if they look ok.

ACSI also produce an app which I find useful and quite detailed and is linked into a sat nav system. It's an off-line system.

For the cost it is not worth us not buying it.

Used it this year in France and Spain right up to the 12 july on a campite in Spain, never had to pre book ever and if you only want one night never had a problem

I'm a bit late on this thread but personally I wouldn't be without the ACSI card.

We save a fortune using it and have never had to book more than 1 night if we didn't want to. We always travel outside of peak July-August times so it is usually of benefit to us. Numerous times we have used it and 1 night can pay for the annual subscription.

For around 15-18€ its worth having even if you wild/use aires etc, 'just in case' I reckon.

Just make sure you have an address to which your relatives can post the renewal card in December, as we spent Xmas/new year in Sicily and spent nearly 2 weeks there waiting for my relative to retrieve the books from our house in UK, which they where doing on a regular basis and checking for important mail, cut out the new card and post to the Sicily camp site. We had been away 9 months in Europe so couldn’t get home ourselves. Failing that book ahead into an ACSI site and arrange with you relative for the card to be sent there. Phoned ACSI and explained situation but they said new books/card had to go to nominated address ie UK. I only used ACSI sites 4 times in 12 months, prefer wild/aire’s.
p.s. mail took 9 days from Uk to Sicily.

Have been getting the ACSI book for the last few years through either the CCC or the CMC. In 2020 have not used it at all. In 2019 had a week on the site in Maribor. The saving on that site alone paid for the book. Some years you win some you don't. It useful to have in the mix of resources.

Rarely use campsites when in France, out of season when the ACSI discounts apply you can often see deals at non ACSI sites available. In the past when we have used ACSI the discount usually means you get the electricity for free. It depends on what you want, it’s not dear to have as a back up but personally on the odd occasions we have needed a camp site it has not been a problem.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back