Ad Blue and Engine warning lights

bjh

We are just on our first proper trip with the 2017 Peugeot Boxer 130 van that I am converting. Driving down the Motorway I thought I would try out the cruise control which I had not used on this vehicle before. As soon as I tried to use it a warning flashed up saying Check Adblue followed by another warning saying Check Engine and the Engine Auto Diagnosis symbol illuminated. It was too much of a coincidence that this happened when I operated the cruise control system. The engine was running smoothly and had plenty of power. I did put a bit more Adblue in before this journey.

The Adblue had been topped up fully a few months back, but a short time afterwards, the Adblue warning came on and then a few days later it would not start. A handy neighbour had a full diagnostic kit and checked it out resettting a number of historical issues and everything cleared and no more problems until this.

I am of course now worried that I am 200 miles from home with no way of contacting that neighbour and the Adblue problem might stop the van starting again. I have a basic OBD2, but of course that is at home. I am competing in events tomorrow and Sunday and will not be able to get to a garage.
Does anyone have any ideas or know any checks that I can carry out or ways to reset the error flags. Thanks for any help.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:10)

Back