Adblue pumps in Portugal?

Rec

Just panicking about the availability of adblue in portugal....saw lots of pumps in garages in France, some in Spain but can only find a couple when googled in portugal. How do people locate the garages..?seen an app but doesn't seem to cover much. Don't think we will need to top up for quite a while, but being prepared!

Why a pump? I’m sure mr. Leclerc will have containers of the stuff.

Oops, just realised you said Portugal

I’ll shut the door behind me ?

I see what you mean.
Can only find one online on, Find AdBlue Has to be more, hasn't there :)
No idea it's any good for you. Surely got to be some in 5/10 litre containers?

BP GRANDOLA ESTE
E.N. 120 , Grândola , Portugal

BP Grandola

Repsol Portugal at least have a picture of an AdBlue pump on their website. About as close as I've got so far. :ROFLMAO:

blue-plus_tcm101-81586.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Rec
Just panicking about the availability of adblue in portugal....saw lots of pumps in garages in France, some in Spain but can only find a couple when googled in portugal. How do people locate the garages..?seen an app but doesn't seem to cover much. Don't think we will need to top up for quite a while, but being prepared!

Dont panic, All truck stops, big fuel stations will hold Ad Blue, If not pumped, by the 25/10/5 ltr containers. If you fill up prior to going you should get 1000s of Ks before your dash indicator shouts out : Fill Me : I have done 4500 miles since AB tank was full, Still no sign of needing filling. Just in case you could take a 5 litres of it, costs around £10 or less.

Those who know me realise that stoopid is my middle name, with that in mind,----------------what on earth is "Add Blue" and why? I remember that as a youngster we had "Dolly Blue" to add to the washing, is this something similar and am I missing out on some brilliant innovation to make my whites even whiter??

• Funny
Don't know about whites.:) Urea and deionized water that helps clean up diesel. Most, but not all euro 6 diesels use it.

adblue

Don't know about whites.:) Urea and deionized water that helps clean up diesel. Most, but not all euro 6 diesels use it.

adblue
So it's wee and water then and not for soaking my shirts in :eek:

We did consider peeing in the tank but thought, maybe not! If you run out of adblue ( having ignored warnings) the engine just stops.
The van is new and had 600 when we left UK, now over 2100miles so not sure when we will need to find adblue, but think we get 1000 mile warning. The manual does say not to carry it in your vehicle....but think probably be in France when it is needed, so can easily get it there. The repsol garage locally doesn't have it in any form. According to the link there are none in nearest city castello branco, or Coimbra, but three nearer to Lisbon.
@oppy don't feel stupid.. I had to look it up when I saw the second tank on side of the van! Used to use blue sachets in the twin tub washing machine many years ago:sneaky:
Thanks everyone, won't panic now:giggle:

Oh I'm so glad that I have a pre historic van, but I suppose that I could wee in the fuel tank when the lav is getting full and also do my bit for the environment

• Funny
I must have had a premonition! Having decided not to worry about adblue....the warning light appeared the other day. 375-1500 miles before needs refill ( big range!) Went to several garages , then in Spain, only to find they sell bottles and will put it in for you.....but the nozzle they use was too short and wide! Spent most of the journey down to Santa Pola looking for pumps which now seem to be very easy to find, thankfully. Didn't want to end up with the next "alarm" when it counts down in 50 mile increments then stops!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back