Admin vs Streetsleeper Solar Shootout

Brilliant stuff Phil and Rae!
Now all I need to know is which one of you is Clint Eastwood and which one is Lee Van Cleef? :cool:

runnach

Rae, I wasn't aware of the progress links you provided, above. Good stuff mate, I really liked how you utilised the tailor made roof bars to facilitate anchor of panels system.

Can I have a rooftop swatch at the frog meet, please, I'll wear my wetsuit boots, kinder on the roof? Also bounce off, you, my idea of a swivel base made from alloy.

I wasn't aware of the progress links you provided
Hello Terry,
Yes I wondered how many people had not seen the threads on me fitting the panels, as when I have been asked about how I did it I asked didn't you read my thread and in most cases the answer has been no and, also, the one about fitting the inverter, lithium batteries etc. You're more than welcome to have a look around on top, at the Frog, and I will try and answer any questions that you throw at me. I will post the link at the bottom, if anyone is interested in the upgrading of the electrical system.

Rae

https://motorhomer.com/threads/my-latest-project.36901/

Very impressed with the testing and research put in by you two guys. All I have to do now is use Phil’s brain and copy Rae’s handiwork.
Seriously good work

A walk in the park, Alan's called old man down cos he keeps falling over Rae 😀

Brilliant stuff Phil and Rae!
Now all I need to know is which one of you is Clint Eastwood and which one is Lee Van Cleef? :cool:
I think you mean Lee Van Cleef and Eli Wallach Jennie.

(Clint Eastwood being 'the good')

You should point your panels every which way but loose Rae.

(What were we talking about on the phone yesterday!)

Rae, did you have to fit bigger backing plates for the original roof bars?

That backs up my assertions about the improved ability of a tilted (or in my case freestanding) Solar Panel in Winter. It is gratifying to read the results Phil, thanks for the posts. Maybe now I will not be regarded as a liar.
Having seen your setup in the past Jim, it beggars belief that anybody can doubt the efficiency.

Freestanding is by far the best way to go for optimum use of a solar panel. My problem is that I would probably drive away forgetting I have set it up!

Well I’ll be going down the same route this week got the last bits I need so hopefully I’ll be tilting mine next week .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:291)

loulou, 2cv, jeffmossy, cronkle, Bigusdickus, Edina, Haaamster, ian and cath, mistericeman, StreetSleeper, St3v3, Linda, Exwindsurfer, Undertaker, Hank, wildebus, jagmanx, Wooie1958, linlanc, Gixer, Trotter, guerdeval, Millie Master, Lee, tapfitter, tonybvi, Beemer, runnach, Annabella, Jenrai, Wully, Ian1950, LANDS43, Alf, saxonborg, Papillon, Obanboy666, maingate, SimonM, Val54, Barge1914, Paulmold, JoeH, 5andy, nabsim, Topmast, paulhelenwilko, Reiverlad, ironman, 47643, Minisorella, UFO, Martingrant, Auld Clankie, HymerHunter, Full Member, The laird, Steveandjulie, wakk44, Peisinoe, Bigshug, TeamRienza, Livotlout, RoadTrek Boy, yorkslass, andyjanet, Molly 3, Silver sprinter, watchthis, HurricaneSmith, Winks, VanGal, Helsque, nutts, Okta, campervanfan, newfpark, Clunegapyears, CavityandLacey, maja07, forthpilot, Dowel, GeoffL, time4t, Liberty hall, ActiveCampers, Chrisb1701, RoaminRog, rab126, Caz, Penny13, steveh2010, Chip, Mr&Mrs Tupcox, debs, Campervanannie, Montana, Grouchy, ton27, bellars, Fiona68, alwaysared, trevskoda, Chris356, Mobilvetta, Telstar, Tezza33, Geraldine, Ric Tic, neckender, Forcesixwindy, AndyJL, Robert webber, Forest1, helmit, linkshouse, JockandRita, Blanzacdavid, horace, daveremog, blosax, Mike-p, Biggarmac, Keithhep, andy63, toystory, Isa Neal, skippy, clarkpeacock, debroos, Trek, Sid61, mandoman, fenders, Dulvil, timatabsa, JohnnyGM7LSI, Izwozral, yorkieowl, Noeldoes, cowanhouse, morsecat, Bigbarry, Nesting Zombie, Salty dogs, rugbyken, Andyshep, Dave, Tribute11, Sola, Monseeker, coopermoto, gipsy_jo, Dex, Yorky, Gary1957, Pete Rachel, Greenwayjay, stevefarndale, Dawnydawns, Mmiles2017, harrym, John Gibb, V1nny, jhorsf, Yorkscol, Brian, Castaway, ScoTTyBEEE, BobbyT, Old Man Down, YOLO BUS, Scampi30, glesgaman, magpie, mariesnowgoose, Mick P, Dave01249, David26, laner, disco257, katv, eurajohn, Bounce, Pawneepilot, ems, Gitana, ronharper333@gmail.com, Cocky, marymary, subablu, Chris Evans001, JSP, Bobtaylor, billfraser, FERENZA, gerrevelyn, lifeafloat, Jabas, Robmac, Lefty, Peter51, talbotti, Marzar, Bill, bjh, Rockburner, Veloman, coffeenut, RogerO, pottertonrambler, mur, royh28, Ronnie B, Timeoutotour, Tallyman, Mischief2, mjhall37, jpdfisher, sheppy21a, Firefox, EJB, Neodafyd, PinkFlowerPetal, kevlakes, Dee, maxsdad, Mikel, Jays, Beeza, IanT, pedro, scoobydiver, manandadog, Pudsey Bear, Grasshopper, Somerled, Lorraine, DorisBoris, bloodnut, Slin, mark61, sandshoe, oppy, Rapido9, DUNVeganduo, slonger, bartman, vintagefoden, traceybull41, Ken Parsons, Bess, jiwawa, ken sowerby, edintheclouds, Phtron, Rec, Ellendale, Shaun944t, Pictvan, Murthat, teckguy, Doddy, Scotchsw3, Pete Langton, PeteS, Harrers, old cronies, Kevin Lewis, Fiorino, Reevsie, mitch, Bfcpete, MikeB, Avocadopicker, Ianfkelly1952, Mbarnetpepper, Fifer, Stormin, beerdrinker, coxieboy, Ray, Steveboy, Maplec, ppara, cliveyn, Wimbrill, roadroamer, charlie356, IscubaToo, John and Carole,