Advice Given and Advice Taken.

Pauljenny

What has been the best advice that you've been given by another motorhomer ?
What is the best advice that you could offer to a newbie?.
( Keep it clean , Tezza 33.).

motorhoming is like the game of golf you’ll get fairly good straight away then it’s all bunkers and rough after that you’ll try and pay anything to get better at both but it’ll never work unless you’re gifted lucky or loaded. Lessons from a golf pro waste of money listening to other motorehomers mine field. So my only advice and this is from my mentor rugbyken is keep a we’ll stocked bar

motorhoming is like the game of golf you’ll get fairly good straight away then it’s all bunkers and rough after that you’ll try and pay anything to get better at both but it’ll never work unless you’re gifted lucky or loaded. Lessons from a golf pro waste of money listening to other motorehomers mine field. So my only advice and this is from my mentor rugbyken is keep a we’ll stocked bar
And let us know where you are!!!!

What has been the best advice that you've been given by another motorhomer ?
What is the best advice that you could offer to a newbie?.
( Keep it clean , Tezza 33.).
Paul now that you have turned 100 my advice to you from a fellow motorhomer is have some incontinence pants with you at all times ??

For me....
I've camped all my life, from bivvy tents through family frame tents and caravans to motorhomes, but it was a pal who first mentioned French Municipal campsites when we were first caravanning. In those days, cheap as chips on the edge of most towns, meaning we didn't need to plan a journey, but just arrive.

For another.....
There is no such thing as gassing.

Don't buy any "useful" accessories until you actually need them.........get rid of anything you have not used after a year. Things should have more than one purpose if possible.

Received, leave no trace of your stay.
Given, buy a Bentley.

When we bought our first motorhome, 20 years ago, never having caravanned, we took lots of advice from friends who had done something for generations.
We joined the C&CC and they recommended a list of campsites. They preferred the club sites, for their weekends and holidays. We weren't too impressed, after the first couple of months, having sold up and gone full time in the van.. CLs suited us better.
After 3 months , learning the ropes and de-snagging the van, we took off to France.
Our friends recommended a campsite near the ferry terminal . It was closed. We drove into the town and asked ay the Town hall. We asked The receptionist , where we could legally park overnight. She seemed amused at out request. She made a phone call.
The Mayor arrived, listened to our worried request and said, ' Follow me."
We followed his Merc to a beautiful, deserted bay. He told us we'd be safe and secure here and he'd ask the council drivers to keep an eye out, when passing.
The next morning, a Dutch van rattled up. He explained about aires and how easy wild camping was. We stayed another night and never looked back.
Of course, our tugging friends would never have considered the possibility of wild camping.

New tip today.. From my 98 years old Honorary Portuguese Mother in Law.
If you have ants coming into the house...
Put a blob of honey across their track. They won't go past it and most of them get stuck and die.

The other thing that works is buy the cheapest talcum powder from pound shops and put it under doors ants won’t cross it.

For me....
I've camped all my life, from bivvy tents through family frame tents and caravans to motorhomes, but it was a pal who first mentioned French Municipal campsites when we were first caravanning. In those days, cheap as chips on the edge of most towns, meaning we didn't need to plan a journey, but just arrive.

For another.....
There is no such thing as gassing.

I’ll second that but also only carry what you need and not what you think you might need, everything you do carry should have 2 uses taken me over 40 years to learn that one ???
I now have a underweight van ?

It pays to be to be able to mend things, well it certainly does in my van, there's always some thing trying to fall off or not work properly.
Also everyone wants a tardis for a van, small on the outside massive on the inside.
Don't make to many plans when travelling, they get in the way of enjoying yourself.

Wish someone had reminded us to take the adjustable spanner so the gas could be exchanged! :cry::cry: And to need it on any time but Sunday evening

Don't make to many plans when travelling, they get in the way of enjoying yourself.
Something I’m learning, slowly, very slowly .?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back