Aftermarket Radio Problem

Ardachaidh

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket radio to a Fiat Ducato and found the odometer (mileage) flashing constantly?

The electrician who fitted it says it can be fixed with a "proxy alignment". A Fiat dealer says no it can't.

Anyone had this problem and solved it?

i changed my pioneer to a sony a couple of days ago and not had a problem on a 2017 ducato

When we had our new Ducato based tribute, it was delivered with the flashing odometer issue. Apparently someone had changed the radio when it was being made into motorhome and the only solution as to get another. Took several trips to the dealer before they decided this and was a further three months ( after vehicle returned for refund) before they rang to say the radio was ready to be fitted! Maybe it is certain radios?

Thanks all. This is a new van. The maker took the Fiat radio out and replaced it with a Kenwood unit as I wanted a radio with DAB. I've read that this causes the odometer to flash because the ECU expects to find the Fiat radio and doesn't. Some say that a "proxy align" will sort it by adding the aftermarket radio to the "nodes" (or something) but the convertor spoke to a Fiat dealer who said it couldn't be done. My feeling is that it can be done, but I was wondering if anyone had had this problem and had it fixed by a "proxy align".

I had the dealer install a Pioneer radio before I picked up my new Ducato based motorhome 2 weeks ago. No problem with a flashing anything. The difference was that there was no Fiat radio to remove, just a blanked off hole. This would suggest your information about the ECU looking for a missing Fiat radio is probably correct. I am guessing that as it is a new van you will have Fiat Camper Assist, so perhaps worth asking them for advice. Their sales blurb says: “Whatever you need, you can call the dedicated Freephone Number.”

Thanks again. I have to take it to a Fiat Professional dealer in a week so I'll ask them if they can fix it. Otherwise there's a local guy who does car electronics I could try. He fitted a new airbag ECU to my previous van, because the airbag warning light was on and then did a proxy align after the odometer started flashing as well. If not, I'll just put up with it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back