AIB insurance

TissyD

Renewed my MH insurance through ABI this year, got the same policy as I had last year from a different broker, everything exactly the same and £40 cheaper this year. Many thanks to Phil for negotiating the discounts thats covered my subs for this year.

Hi TissyD yes I'm with ABI and ive been with them for two years and they always give good service and great prices with Phil's discount.
Best Wishes Tony

I tried but they never got back to me.

I got my renewal from AIB and despite only doing c.2k miles during the insurance year and vehicle premiums widely being reported as falling in the press and my 15% 'discount' for being on here, they put my renewal price up by £103 over last year!!

Suffice to say I didn't go with them.

From shopping around I got a like for like quote from Safeguard which was £121 cheaper...and in fact was £18 cheaper than I paid last year!

Yes, Liz told me about rates falling but every quote we got for the car was higher than last year,, but none as high as Ageus who we were already with, the whole industry seems cockeyed to me.

What I find when going via Confused.com or any of the other comparison sites is the rates you get at the bottom of the quotes listing, thousands of pounds, I have to assume that some actually pay these prices, or are they just having a punt?

I'll try ABI again next year, but I think they might have been having communication problems last time I tried.

My house insurance has gone down by £189 over what I paid for last year! I just took a new policy out this afternoon.

It's a different company but I now have a better policy in terms of lower excesses and better terms on accidental cover etc. It also incudes extra stuff for free which I didn't have before (key cover and infestation cover!)

Amazing as our premiums are always over 500 quid a year as we are close to water. Now less than 340.

I am a happy chappie at the mo :)

Hmm, I let Liz deal with all that kind of stuff, I just do motor.

Odd I clicked quote but it just did reply.

I got my renewal from AIB and despite only doing c.2k miles during the insurance year and vehicle premiums widely being reported as falling in the press and my 15% 'discount' for being on here, they put my renewal price up by £103 over last year!!

Suffice to say I didn't go with them.

From shopping around I got a like for like quote from Safeguard which was £121 cheaper...and in fact was £18 cheaper than I paid last year!
Odd I clicked quote but it just did reply.

It's working for me

Must have a dealy on it, all I saw was an empty reply box, shouldn't we see the post we're quoting.

Yes I have it sorted now, I'm used to other forums where you see it right away.

Reactions: GMJ
Just had me renewal from AIB, it's gone up by £7. The problem is finding comparable cover thats cheaper. The price comparison sites just throw up the same companies, and whilst cheaper they do not have the same level of cover.

Begs the question if you're happy with them why bother searching for the sake of £7, although premiums were supposed to come down I've not seen much evidence of it.

Begs the question if you're happy with them why bother searching for the sake of £7, although premiums were supposed to come down I've not seen much evidence of it.
Chances are I will renew with AIB, however I was hoping I might be able to make bigger savings elsewhere.

I have no idea what the level of cover is or the cost for ours as they didn't get back to me, I was hoping they would due to the "15%" discount, but I ended up happy with a different company, but we always go for the cheapest 5* defacto rating with no extras as we sort our own out.

I have been with Comfort for 13yrs, how does AIB compare to them, useful to know as I have my renewal in September.
Well for a start AIB are a broker so they search many companies. What I find useful is that a human being will go find the best quote based on your exact requirements, no haggling with companies by phone. Whether they are cheaper depends. I did an extensive search today and found comparable quotes more expensive. Plus you can always ask them to see if they can get a cheaper deal.

my insurance quote was over 500 pound for a car replacement of the same make and model (usually paid around 200 pound a year) cant understand it..............

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back