Air Assist - gauges ....

wildebus

I have an Air Assist kit to fit on my Motorhome and and am not sure where to fit the gauge set.
It is a kit with a compressor so I don't need to worry about running an air hose to the valves each time I want to add air, so it is just a matter of seeing the dials and enough access to push the valves to release pressure.

I can't see a neat place on the dash to install without looking a bit out of place, and thinking while it would be hard to fine-tune if not within reach of the driver, once you have the pressures set up, how often do you really need to alter them?

For those with Air Assist, where did you fit your gauges, and how has it worked out for you?

Our van is a 2015 Peugeot they fitted nice in this space easy to use.
I had our fitted by AS suspension.

20210424_095232.jpg

My gauge and valves are mounted on the doorside of the passenger seat base in a Mk7 Ford Transit, don’t change the settings other than to top up the pressure as I have a miniscule leak somewhere.

Last edited:
I have an Air Assist kit to fit on my Motorhome and and am not sure where to fit the gauge set.
It is a kit with a compressor so I don't need to worry about running an air hose to the valves each time I want to add air, so it is just a matter of seeing the dials and enough access to push the valves to release pressure.

I can't see a neat place on the dash to install without looking a bit out of place, and thinking while it would be hard to fine-tune if not within reach of the driver, once you have the pressures set up, how often do you really need to alter them?

For those with Air Assist, where did you fit your gauges, and how has it worked out for you?
Don't know what vehicle you have BUT would a single 52mm gauge be easier?

Don't know what vehicle you have BUT would a single 52mm gauge be easier?

Not seen the double gauge before. Looks neat.
Wouldn't be that much easier to find room probably, but I already have the gauges so wouldn't want to spend on more really, but a nice idea :)

Not seen the double gauge before. Looks neat.
Wouldn't be that much easier to find room probably, but I already have the gauges so wouldn't want to spend on more really, but a nice idea :)

They also do a quad gauge (designed for cars running air suspension all round)

How about a A pillar mount?

Mine is below dash on drivers side3C27B253-2907-42F5-B680-B6E54E0317F9.jpeg

i only have bellows on the rear suspension the twin gauges fit in a convenient recess just inside a rear locker , i too have a tiny leak on one side about 1 bar over 2months normally run at 4bar i have extended the lead on my compressor to get round all the wheels and reaches the gauge/valves comfortably

My gauge and valves are mounted on the doorside of the passenger seat base in a Mk7 Ford Transit, don’t change the settings other than to top up the pressure as I have a miniscule leak somewhere.
I've just picked up a new van with air assisted suspension and it's the one manual that wasn't supplied. How do you calculate what pressure is needed?

Mine are in the garage, (no compressor) I don't really adjust them other than topping up one that must have a very small leak.

Can you explain how the compressor ones work, is it press switch to fill up and then individually dump air with the push valves to vary pressure in each side?

Mine are in the garage, (no compressor) I don't really adjust them other than topping up one that must have a very small leak.

Can you explain how the compressor ones work, is it press switch to fill up and then individually dump air with the push valves to vary pressure in each side?
Yep you got it..

What pressure does air suspension run at?

Would it be in the range of a tyre pressure monitor?

IF it is.... Couple of schraeder fittings and you could be wireless?

Guys running modified cars have been running app based stuff rather than umbilical based stuff for a while now....

Bit more involved than a couple of bags on the rear beam BUT some interesting tech around if it's needed.

My van came with air suspension & the gauge had been fitted behind the driver's seat.
Simple to re-pressure using the schraeder valve.
I had no idea wot pressure it should be at but the Airide site was most helpful - anything between 20min & 100 max
All to suit what you are comfortable with and your driving style.

My van came with air suspension & the gauge had been fitted behind the driver's seat.
Simple to re-pressure using the schraeder valve.
I had no idea wot pressure it should be at but the Airide site was most helpful - anything between 20min & 100 max
All to suit what you are comfortable with and your driving style.
I am thinking this may be a good place to mount the gauge set - out the way from being knocked but still accessible

My air assist was fitted by a previous owner and I ended up getting in touch with AS to find out about it. Turned out it was fitted in 2008 and still going strong (just touching a lump of wood lol). Other systems may be different setting but the AS was a lot lower than I had been running it. I now run it around 3 bar in my sprinter based low profile coachbuilt and get a great ride. Will lift if I need to clear steep ramps (once) or to help level a bit if more is with me.

Attachments

• AS Air Suspension -Control panel operation.pdf
    477.1 KB · Views: 8

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back