Air-con.

We have had the drying laundry strung across the awning all morning, giving us clean bedding, higher moisture content, and more shade against the 34 or 35 degree temperatures. Just pegged a winter blanket (!) over the awning side to provide partial shade and an increased footprint of shadow from the sun. Downrated from 'too bloody hot' to 'that's cooler' ...

Steve
WE all seen the drying stuff.y fronts.png

Terry my van has a roof mounted Dometic air con unit it came factory fitted. Yesterday it was similar temp here and I tried running It through the inverter it worked fine but heavy on the batteries ran it for about an hour and it supped 20% of my 200amp lithium batteries and after 30 minutes it got warm again. I recon you’d need a very large battery bank and a massive solar set up to run it constantly. cold showers before bed work better

Terry my van has a roof mounted Dometic air con unit it came factory fitted. Yesterday it was similar temp here and I tried running It through the inverter it worked fine but heavy on the batteries ran it for about an hour and it supped 20% of my 200amp lithium batteries and after 30 minutes it got warm again. I recon you’d need a very large battery bank and a massive solar set up to run it constantly. cold showers before bed work better
What about your generator Wully, I could hardly here it when it was running next to my van 😂

What about your generator Wully, I could hardly here it when it was running next to my van 😂
He no got a gennie bill it's a Christina he has
he has a bike wae the rear wheel aff the ground a get thar poor lass to pedal like sh*t and if she does well he will buy her something nice 😀😀😀😀😀

Had an Electrolux aircon on the roof when we got the MH 9 years ago. Only time we really had to use it was 7 years ago in a very hot trip down the Mosel at around 40C degrees ambient, and it need EHU. Removed it 5 years ago, as I didn't need 36 kg. on the roof, and how often do you have to be in unpleasant temperatures. This year went across from Switzerland to Burgundy, temp was 32C so moved up to Jura then Vosges, to stay north ahead of heat, then spent the rest of our trip in the Netherlands. The wonderful thing about our hobby is we can adapt.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back